Disapointed

A few days ago, one of my best friends told me her sister was being tormented. I asked why and what happened and this is what she answered with:
“You know how my family and I are Christian? Well the girls that’s being mean to her is some other religion that has something to do with witch craft.” my friend explained. She went on to say that the girl tormenting her sister refuses to sit near her, and hates her. Her sister was only in fifth grade for Pete’s sake! When I was that young I only had to deal with snotty brats in my grade. I didn’t have to worry about being bullied because of my religion! Especially in a public school. I was shocked that this for one was happening at all and two it was happening in an environment that is suppose to be safe and friendly, not hostile like it was being for this girl. The next day after this news came to me I bumped into the tormenter in the hallway. She was surprisingly kind to me, saying “Sorry” and even smiling at me before walking off. I watched her as she continued down the hall and my best friend’s sister just happened to be down in that direction. I watched, frozen in a state of pure shock as the girl “accidentally” shoved the other girl into the wall, then laughing at her she said, “Christian freak.” just before walking away from the scene.
I quickly ran to help my friend’s sister, the whole time thinking, What has this world come to?
We lived in America! Wasn’t one of the Bill Of Rights religious freedom? It wasn’t even like this was going between adults, it was happening between two fifth grade girls that shouldn’t have to worry about being judged for their religion or hurt because of it. As school ended that day I found myself disappointed. Disappointed in the girl’s parents. Disappointed in the school system. Disappointed in America‘s citizens.

QuestionAuthority1128 said...
I think that what the bully did was wrong, but that doesn't mean that all people of different religions don't tolerate Christians, like at the end when you said you were disappointed in America's citizens. Cases like that aren't rare but they don't exactly plague America's citizens either. Your friend's sister was right to report it, and if she was being harassed physically then she should take a stand and in turn not associate all people invovled with witchcra... (more »)

TeaCat replied...
Okay, let's get this straight: Witchcraft is NOT tormenting; that's Satanism. They're different. Witchcraft is harmless, and Witches, like myself, go by the Witch's Rede of "harm none". Witches do not believe in tormenting people.

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I don't think anybody accused witches of tormenting here. The girl doing the tormenting happened to belong to a religion involed in witchcraft, but the actual "tormenting" was bullying. Just thought I'd point that out :)