If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell?

By Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee
Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee

I think that even if you are not christian,you will make it in heaven! How do we know if what the bible says is true? We don't really have a reliable source for that. And just because you are not a follower does not? mean you are not his children.If God truly created us equally, in some way, why would there need to be a reason for going to hell or to heaven? In god's eyes we are his children,and nothing can change that.You shouldn't always trust something you read. I mean how do we know that they are hiding the truth from us with this bible?? How do we know it's not all made up?

I was answering a question on Youtube about this particular topic. It kind of raged me into writing this.

pan1c BRONZE said...
on Nov. 19 2013 at 3:54 pm
pan1c BRONZE, New London, Connecticut
Um...I'm personally atheist but I think the way you stated this issue was not in the best light and it could have been better written and edited. I respect religion; just because I don't believe in God does not mean that it is wrong to have faith. I think you're generalizing the Bible and Christianity. Maybe work on this more?

Elanelane07 said...
on Nov. 15 2013 at 8:05 pm
Elanelane07, Gainesville, Florida
Hi. Shut up. You don't get to decide that.

on Oct. 4 2013 at 12:56 pm
TimexxFlies GOLD, Sunland, California

I don't know the key to success. However, the key to failure is trying to please everybody. ~Bill Cosby

And I really don't like when people say "Oh the Bible's not true" but they pick and choose things form the Bible that they like. "The Bible says don't judge!!!" "But remember, the Bible's not true!!!" Can't stand it.....

on Oct. 4 2013 at 12:53 pm
TimexxFlies GOLD, Sunland, California

Wow. I really like what you said there!!! We have to have absolutes!

on Oct. 4 2013 at 12:51 pm
TimexxFlies GOLD, Sunland, California

I've heard this before, and you really need to study the Bible, including all religions... and then make your choice. And while you're saying "How do we know the Bible is true?" I'm saying "How do we know your article is true?" May God bless you and show you his love. I hope someone can get these thoughts out of you before it's too late.

ElsyM GOLD said...
on Sep. 15 2013 at 2:17 am
ElsyM GOLD, Conway, Arkansas

"Carpe diem"

Okay, so just my opinion. God gave us a choice after the fall of Satan. He only wants the best for us, but if we keep on falling into sin without repentance (and he hates sin as only those willing to follow him can be in heaven), then we fall through. I think there is much less consequence for those who have never heard of Christ and had no choice to learn about him.   We don't know if it's all made-up. What if the Koran was real, or the ancient Buddhist or Greek myths? But we have to TRUST. Besides, there have been more stories of people having a Christian encounter than for any other religion. If you don't trust the Bible, then, according to Christianity, you don't believe in God. Same goes for any other religion. Would you be considered a Hindu if you didn't believe/trust what the legends say? NO.   I'm not trying to be a "religious nut", but I can't stand it without replying to your questions. 

on Sep. 5 2013 at 11:39 pm
pgarcia1222 BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois

"What's meant to be... will always find it's way."

@JoselynWrites God bless you! I agree with you, but God loves sinners, but hates sin.

on Sep. 5 2013 at 11:38 pm
pgarcia1222 BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois

@infinity12 I agree with you, but the Bible was written by God's men, who were leaded by the Holy Spirit.

on Sep. 5 2013 at 11:36 pm
pgarcia1222 BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois

Hi. God bless you! I am a christian and I just like to tell you that the Bible is all facts and that,if you do not believe in Him and do what His words says, then there will be consequences.

on Aug. 26 2013 at 8:24 am
infinity: The purpose of Jesus dying on the cross is to save us from our sins. We can not obey God's law perfectly because we are not perfect. Jesus saved us from impeding doom by dying on the cross.   Yes, when we ask Jesus to forgive us of our sins, we must repent of our old life style. But this, by itself, will never get us to heaven. Only by the mercy and grace of God.

on Aug. 25 2013 at 3:49 am
Crystalvalen BRONZE, Fort Walton Beach, Florida
According to Catholic doctrine, everyone is given a shot at Heaven. If someone is educated in the Christian faith and denies it anyway, that is the only way they are barred from Heaven. However, if a person never has a chance to hear about or correctly understand the faith, they may eventually reach Heaven, so long as they have tried to live a good life according to the faith they have grown up with. That's a part of God's Grace and Love.

on Aug. 5 2013 at 3:52 pm
Dr_Roxx1574 BRONZE, Icetown, Other

'I Refuse To Surrender' Time Is Running Out-Papa Roach

i agree, you sound very philosopical there i like that

justapen said...
on Jul. 29 2013 at 9:11 am
justapen, North Haven, Connecticut
I agree. Not everyone gets into heaven simply because you accept god and because he loves you. There's so much more to be accepted into heaven than that. You must follow God's word and laws and your heart must be pure and good for him. But ultimately only god knows who will be accepted into heaven.

justapen said...
on Jul. 29 2013 at 9:08 am
justapen, North Haven, Connecticut
I think no one can decide who goes to heaven or hell. But, although the bible was written by men, I think there is a lot of truth in it. So, I don't believe that everyone goes to heaven. God doesn't simply accept you into heaven by you just accepting him. He judges your heart, that I know. There are several scriptures that talk about God judging your heart. But we, as humans, do not know who rightfully deserves to go to heaven and who doesn't.

on Jul. 18 2013 at 3:20 pm
nelehjr DIAMOND, Lingle, Wyoming

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

The various type-os make it hard to see your opinions.

NormaPresley said...
on May. 13 2013 at 4:14 pm
NormaPresley, Toledo, Iowa

This too.

Exactly. To get into Heaven, the bible says that we just have to accept God. But what about all the murderers and rapists who say that God is their saviour? Why should they be able to make it into to Heaven when someone who has never known God, or has seen the horrible things that people do in the name of Him? The system of getting into Heaven is flawed, and so long as you're a good person and felt bad for things you did wrong and tried to right them as best you could, you should be able to get into Heaven, or some sort of personal 'good' afterlife.

alexkang1515 said...
on May. 9 2013 at 9:57 am
its really based on the belief. Briefly, if you truly believe in God, it means you believe that the Bible is true as it says in the Bible that God will protect the Bible; meaning that He will maintain the Bible 'pure'. so if you believe in God, it means that the Bible is true. moreover, although God loves us equally, He gave us free will to live so its really based on us whether we choose to do wrong things or not

on May. 6 2013 at 10:01 am
JoselynWrites BRONZE, Manchester, Connecticut

"I am who I am."

The answer is: we don't. We don't know. The bible doesn't mention a lot that we wonder, so that's left to us to think about. No one is right or wrong. God loves everyone and that's the point. I don't try to push people to be christian like me, that's God's job to do. Until then, I will be a good person, knowing that sometimes I will fall.

on Apr. 3 2013 at 10:15 pm
LiraDaeris PLATINUM, Tucson, Arizona

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

like suspended animation... I can't remember what the term is for it but C.S.Lewis or J.R.Tolkein thought the same way (can't remember which one.)

on Apr. 3 2013 at 1:06 am
LiraDaeris PLATINUM, Tucson, Arizona

― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Everyone may be created equal, but they won't choose the same thing. You could just as easily send five perfectly equal children into a room of toys and say only the well-behaved ones get candy. If you give the bad kids the candy as well, then what is the point of the others being good?

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!