If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell?

I think that even if you are not christian,you will make it in heaven! How do we know if what the bible says is true? We don't really have a reliable source for that. And just because you are not a follower does not? mean you are not his children.If God truly created us equally, in some way, why would there need to be a reason for going to hell or to heaven? In god's eyes we are his children,and nothing can change that.You shouldn't always trust something you read. I mean how do we know that they are hiding the truth from us with this bible?? How do we know it's not all made up?

ImaniA said...
Jun. 4, 2010 at 11:10 am

Hello. I'm sorry but I don't want you to be misinformed:

Salvation [that is, being saved and going to heaven] is solely based on belief in and reliance on Jesus not good works.

If you're lost try opening up a little and let yourself love the Lord. I promise you will find what you think you are looking for and more.

TheAnonymousArtist replied...
Actually, that version of "salvation" is exclusive to Lutheran and the various offshoots of that, including protestantism. Meanwhile, catholics believe doing good works will lead to salvation. so are all the catholics going to hell? this is when all these piecemeal denominations of christianity start becoming a problem.

Greenhorn replied...
Aug. 3, 2010 at 9:46 am

Bullshit.

With that logic, Hitler (a Christian) gets to go see St. Peter at the Holy Gates while Gandhi (a Buddhist) goes to blazes. That would be a completely inane and absurd system, and a truly all-knowing God would know that one's belief system alone does not determine whether they are heaven-worthy or not.

ImaniA said...
Jun. 4, 2010 at 10:49 am

Hi, I will try to address all your questions:

The way we know the Bible is true is called faith. Yes we are all the Lord's children and He loves us more than we can fathom, but the Bible (which is the realest guide to life humans have) says that those who do not accept Jesus as their Lord will be cast into a lake of fire. Unfortunately people have forgotten God and his blessings [that he loved us so much that He gave us a choice], that is why there is a heaven and a hell, so the t... (more »)

Sill_Sitter11 said...
OK... Going to heaven is God's present to you for having faith in him and loving him. If you do this then God will reward you. If you read the Bible you would know that God does get mad and angry at us just like humans. But unlike humans he has the sense to forgive us... IF WE ASK HIM! If you don't believe us you will go to Hell. People always think of God as this either totally giving or totally horribly angry. He does get angry but forgives. Believe in him and love him and you will find your w... (more »)

kasey.camille said...
I am Catholic, and I am perplexed by this question. Even though I know what the Bible says, I have a hard time believing that a God so good would sent anyone to hell. The thought scares me.

ZadaRox101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 21, 2010 at 10:23 am
It should. Hell is a very real place and many people don't believe a loving God would send anyone there. But think about it this way: a man who was a child molester stood before a judge. If you were the judge, would you let the man, a child molester, go free without any punishment or would you send him to jail? If the judge was a good judge, the man would immediately be sent to jail. Now that judge was a good judge, but does that mean he wasn't a loving judge? No. The judge may have be... (more »)

Safeleo said...
I believe that the same God who loves all and frogives all can't be the same God who will dam you to hell if you don't believe it Him. I also believe all religions have some things right but not everyone has the whole picture. post comments on my work.

Jul. 21, 2010 at 10:26 am
Many people don't believe a loving God would send anyone to Hell. But think about it this way: a man who was a child molester stood before a judge. If you were the judge, would you let the man, a child molester, go free without any punishment or would you send him to jail? If the judge was a good judge, the man would immediately be sent to jail. Now that judge was a good judge, but does that mean he wasn't a loving judge? No. The judge may have been the most loving man on the face of t... (more »)

livetoserve replied...
Jul. 28, 2010 at 10:20 am
i don't know if this is true, this is just how i feel.  i believe that God is sad, not mad, when he sends someone to hell.  he is sad because he gave them a chance through his son, Jesus, and they chose to ignore him.  he gave only one condition to get to heaven: faith in Jesus, and i believe he's distraught and so sad that he would have to part with any of his children.  

Safeleo said...
I think It's not possible for the same God who loves all and frogives all can't be the God who will dam you to hell if you don't believe in him. I believe all religions have some stuff write but not the whole picture. Please post comments on my work.

conversegirl23 replied...
God does love us that's why he gave us jesus so we dont have to go hell. u could only say he didnt love us if he didnt give us a chance. which he has.

BlackKittie said...
yeah...some day we're gonna fing out that the bible was just a really popular BC novel....lol

BlackKittie replied...
i mean find...not fing

you_are_awesome said...
May 19, 2010 at 5:11 am
First of all- There are many different types of christains. Inclusivist and Pluralist christians believe that people from other religions will get into the Christian Heaven. The Bible says lots of different things and it depends on how you interpret its meaning as to what you believe.

Jul. 21, 2010 at 10:32 am
The Bible says what it says, not what you believe it says. When Jesus said, "I am THE Way, THE Truth and THE Life; NO man cometh unto the Father BUT by Me." He meant He is THE Way THE Truth THE Life and that NO man will get Heaven or have any right to God BUT through Him.

The_End said...
I too have Christian beliefs, but according to my particular Christian religion, those who are unaware of God and all the works he has wrought have the chance to learn it once they have died and moved on.

livetoserve replied...
Jul. 28, 2010 at 10:21 am
i agree, i don't think God would damn people to hell just because we christians have never gotten around to telling them about Christ, especially in dangerous areas where missionaries can't go.

Lil_bear replied...
God is completely just and fair. Of course he's not going to send people to hell when they have not even heard about Christianity. I think God talks about it somewhere in Revelation (I'm not positive where or what it says exactly)... God will be the judge and those who haven't had the chance in this life will have the chance to ask for forgiveness at some point.

losing_but_not_lost246 said...
I think that religion is somewhat a fear factor to control people. I think that every credible philosopher believes in the same basic values...and I think that if you live your life as a...I guess "good" person, then you go to heaven or where ever it is people go.