If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell?

I think that even if you are not christian,you will make it in heaven! How do we know if what the bible says is true? We don't really have a reliable source for that. And just because you are not a follower does not? mean you are not his children.If God truly created us equally, in some way, why would there need to be a reason for going to hell or to heaven? In god's eyes we are his children,and nothing can change that.You shouldn't always trust something you read. I mean how do we know that they are hiding the truth from us with this bible?? How do we know it's not all made up?

yoitsme said...
I like that you are telling your opinion. But I beleive that God is Holy. Holiness and sin can not mix. So someone who has not repented and been cleansed by Jesus can not go to heaven.

JesusFreak10101 replied...
I totally agree with you! Well spoken.

LoudDreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
I belive in something called a "baptisim of desire." someone who has no knowlage of Christ but desires to live a life of  goodness according to the natural laws written in our hearts, and holds to this desire till their death can be saved because they, inadvertantly, desired Christ. Which is the only thing God asks of people who, through no fault of their own, don't know any better.

Stormcrow said...
Jun. 25, 2011 at 1:12 am

Interesting topic. But I believe the base assertion is a bit faulty. My belief on the matter is that God is the personification of goodness and perfection. And the place he dwells (heaven) reflects that position of perfection. There is no room for the tainting of sin in God's presence. It's undeniable that we have all done things wrong (sinned) on some level or another. It doesn't matter what degree of wickedness we perform, it still breaks our track record so we are no longer perfect. And ou... (more »)

MakeItShine replied...
Spot on. Who God is, is exactly the point. A.W. Tozer once said, "What we believe about God is the most important thing about us." If we believe in a good God (as all those do who would dare believe in heaven), then we believe in a standard for entering heaven, where God dwells. This standard, of course, is unattainable. Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life, and no one comes to the Father (or sees the pearly gates) except through Him. 

rockyraccoon said...
Maybe the bible was like the lord of the rings. it could be that the bible was simply a book written by a bored guy to entertain his friends and became popular then over the years misunderstood. Also even if the christian bible is wrong there are still other older faithes to believe in.

TeaCat replied...
This is a really good point!

yoitsme replied...
Try actually looking at the evidence for the bible and christianity though. Countless numbers of prophecies from the Old Testament are fufilled in the New Testament. It has been proven that the Old testament was indeed written long before the New Testament. So how would someone have known exactly what would happen? All of the Historical events and cultures match up with what we know of History today. Also, there are many scientific laws that are stated in the bible long before they were discover... (more »)

Lintu replied...
It says the Earth is a circle. Circles are 2D. They are flat, not round. That statement goes perfectly well with the time's accepted truth of a flat Earth. And saying that Old Testament prophecies are fullfilled in the New Testament doesn't prove anything. That just proves that whichever enterprising ancient scam artist that wrote the New Testament read up on the original before writing the sequel.

heatherlynn said...
i believe in the bible. but i dont fin d that god would reject good people in to his kingdom because the believe differently,, all people are his creation and if some on thinks differently believes differently but is an amazing person and follows the right path, why whould they burn in hell?

dolphin13 replied...
Our standards are different than God's standards. People we think that are "good" people don't reach up to God's standard of perfection. That is why people need to believe in Jesus' death on the cross as the payment for our sins.

M.A.M. said...
I've been reading a few of the comments that say how we don't have any proof on whether or not the Bible is true.  When you are all alone at night and scared and crying and you don't know why, then maybe you'll see that Bible can't be a lie.  If the Bible is a lie, then there is no heaven, and you will never see your deceased loved ones again.  For me God has to exist.  Also, I don't think that all the martyrs in history died for a lie.  I'm sorry but I can't agree... (more »)

WishfulDoer replied...
They didn't die for a lie, they died for a belief; there's a difference. Whether or not I believe it's a lie (or anyone for that matter) doesn't effect whether or not they did.

DisicpleofChristandJesusEnthusiast said...
It's sad you even think that the bible was made up.

AsylumPatientNo.59637 replied...
Why do you say that? What she says actually makes sense, and I agree with her to some extent. We really do have no solid proof, besides a book of stories and passages....

MakeItShine replied...
Honestly? No solid proof? You know that many of the prophecies in the Bible have been fulfilled? You know that there is evidence of the walls of Jericho falling down? You know there are no contradictions in the Bible, when you actually analyze them, despite what ignorant people would like to say? Google it sometime. "Your Word is truth." "Every word of God is tested." "All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction..."

dolphin13 replied...
Yeah, the Bible is a collection of a variety of eyewitnesses of Jesus's life on earth and men who were instructed by God. The Bible isn't just one person writing a story, it is a variety of people who were inspired by the Holy Spirit on what to write about the truth of God. Some were inspired by visions and others through eyewitness testimonies and even more by various other ways.

SunShineSparkle said...
I believe that all belifes are real. just as long as you are a good person and live kindly you will go to your heaven whatever it may be.

contemplaterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:56 am
Christianity is a beleife, right? In Romans 3:23 it says 'For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God'. Therefore, being 'good' won't get you anywhere. Also, if all beleifes are real and true, then God is a nasty being.

Annie.C replied...
Jul. 5, 2011 at 4:18 am
Yeah... but if one person says there is no heaven... and no God... And another said there was... than how would there be both no heaven, and heaven?

MaryZann said...
And God shouldn't be upset with us just because we not sure because we have no solid proof.