If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell?

I think that even if you are not christian,you will make it in heaven! How do we know if what the bible says is true? We don't really have a reliable source for that. And just because you are not a follower does not? mean you are not his children.If God truly created us equally, in some way, why would there need to be a reason for going to hell or to heaven? In god's eyes we are his children,and nothing can change that.You shouldn't always trust something you read. I mean how do we know that they are hiding the truth from us with this bible?? How do we know it's not all made up?

yoitsme said...
Jul. 3, 2011 at 5:25 pm:
Maybe what you mean by God valueing men over women is his rules. God says that Men should have authority over women. But that doesn't mean that men are better. If you look around you, even at people who aren't christians, you'll see that generally the people who follow the bible's advice are the most successful. Maybe you don't beleive the bible is true, but it does have good advice.

WishfulDoerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 9, 2011 at 7:08 pm :
Oh, nono, I wasn't referring to the comment above mine, I was commenting on the original comment by yoitsme. But yes, I agree with you.

johnjohn123 replied...
Aug. 6, 2011 at 2:13 pm :
ZeeBYoung...... you know you are stilll basically soounding really sextist 

shinjite replied...
Oct. 28, 2011 at 5:36 pm :
I honestly don't think that God values women any less than men, but men do seem to play a bit of a larger role. Jesus was God's son not daughter but they aren't valued any less.

JesusFreak10101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 3, 2011 at 1:59 pm:
Ok that is sooooo not true!! If you would actually read the bible you would know that isn't true!! God never told us to beat people or that men are better than women! He loves us all the same, he didn't go around preaching to people to hate eachother! You are the one who decides to hate or to love someone! And it was the bad guys I guess you could call them that did the beating and killing of people and valued men over women not God!

Rarity replied...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 11:45 am :
You go JesusFreak10101 !!!!!

JesusFreak10101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 7:17 pm :
Thanks Rarity!! Btw cool name:)

Petrichor1994 replied...
Aug. 6, 2011 at 12:23 pm :
Have you saved all the women alive? Kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

yoitsme said...
Jun. 30, 2011 at 6:24 pm:
I like that you are telling your opinion. But I beleive that God is Holy. Holiness and sin can not mix. So someone who has not repented and been cleansed by Jesus can not go to heaven.

Jul. 3, 2011 at 2:00 pm :
I totally agree with you! Well spoken.

LoudDreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 14, 2011 at 3:14 pm :
I belive in something called a "baptisim of desire." someone who has no knowlage of Christ but desires to live a life of  goodness according to the natural laws written in our hearts, and holds to this desire till their death can be saved because they, inadvertantly, desired Christ. Which is the only thing God asks of people who, through no fault of their own, don't know any better.

Stormcrow said...
Jun. 25, 2011 at 1:12 am:

Interesting topic. But I believe the base assertion is a bit faulty. My belief on the matter is that God is the personification of goodness and perfection. And the place he dwells (heaven) reflects that position of perfection. There is no room for the tainting of sin in God's presence. It's undeniable that we have all done things wrong (sinned) on some level or another. It doesn't matter what degree of wickedness we perform, it still breaks our track record so we are no longer perfect. And ou... (more »)

MakeItShine replied...
Aug. 18, 2011 at 3:33 pm :
Spot on. Who God is, is exactly the point. A.W. Tozer once said, "What we believe about God is the most important thing about us." If we believe in a good God (as all those do who would dare believe in heaven), then we believe in a standard for entering heaven, where God dwells. This standard, of course, is unattainable. Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life, and no one comes to the Father (or sees the pearly gates) except through Him. 

rockyraccoon said...
Jun. 17, 2011 at 8:11 pm:
Maybe the bible was like the lord of the rings. it could be that the bible was simply a book written by a bored guy to entertain his friends and became popular then over the years misunderstood. Also even if the christian bible is wrong there are still other older faithes to believe in.

TeaCat replied...
Jun. 26, 2011 at 5:19 pm :
This is a really good point!

yoitsme replied...
Jul. 3, 2011 at 5:39 pm :
Try actually looking at the evidence for the bible and christianity though. Countless numbers of prophecies from the Old Testament are fufilled in the New Testament. It has been proven that the Old testament was indeed written long before the New Testament. So how would someone have known exactly what would happen? All of the Historical events and cultures match up with what we know of History today. Also, there are many scientific laws that are stated in the bible long before they were discover... (more »)

Lintu replied...
Aug. 30, 2011 at 6:13 pm :
It says the Earth is a circle. Circles are 2D. They are flat, not round. That statement goes perfectly well with the time's accepted truth of a flat Earth. And saying that Old Testament prophecies are fullfilled in the New Testament doesn't prove anything. That just proves that whichever enterprising ancient scam artist that wrote the New Testament read up on the original before writing the sequel.

heatherlynn said...
Jun. 17, 2011 at 12:02 pm:
i believe in the bible. but i dont fin d that god would reject good people in to his kingdom because the believe differently,, all people are his creation and if some on thinks differently believes differently but is an amazing person and follows the right path, why whould they burn in hell?

dolphin13 replied...
Oct. 28, 2011 at 4:43 pm :
Our standards are different than God's standards. People we think that are "good" people don't reach up to God's standard of perfection. That is why people need to believe in Jesus' death on the cross as the payment for our sins.

M.A.M. said...
Jun. 13, 2011 at 9:18 pm:
I've been reading a few of the comments that say how we don't have any proof on whether or not the Bible is true.  When you are all alone at night and scared and crying and you don't know why, then maybe you'll see that Bible can't be a lie.  If the Bible is a lie, then there is no heaven, and you will never see your deceased loved ones again.  For me God has to exist.  Also, I don't think that all the martyrs in history died for a lie.  I'm sorry but I can't agree... (more »)

Jul. 5, 2011 at 10:37 pm :
They didn't die for a lie, they died for a belief; there's a difference. Whether or not I believe it's a lie (or anyone for that matter) doesn't effect whether or not they did.