WHAT IS GOING ON????

I would like to apologize on behalf of so called Christians. Yes I am a Christian who has an actual relationship with God. I know that in today’s society there are negative feelings toward us, but honestly it’s for a good reason.

I believe and read the Bible as do many Christians but what I do not do is twist God’s message to the world and twist it into my attempt to bash creatures who the Bible says God made. So here is my apology. I am sorry that there are churches in America who protest at funerals. I cannot imagine having to bury some loved one and then having supposed lovers of God tell me that person was not loved by God. God loves everyone the Bible does say that ,but some Christians take that and turn it into a God loves only the ones who fit into the typical “Christian” mold ,but that does not make any sense. Why would a God who created a world hate it at the same time? That does not make sense. Now this is what the Bible says.

God does LOVE everyone but does not LIKE what some people do. I believe that homosexuality is a sin, but here is the kicker. Everybody sins!! All of God’s creation cannot fulfill God’s standards and yes that means even “Christians”. It’s how we treat each other that matters. Most Christians think that Jesus came to this earth kicking butt and taking names and that He came to slay the infidels but that is not the case. God came to this earth to show His love for the world. Jesus actually hung out with the “sinners” of His day more than the “Christians” of His day. God does not want people to live sin but He does not want us who are supposed to be “Christians” which actually means in Greek “like Christi” to be the judge for the world…That’s God’s job.
My job as a Christian is to the same love that God showed me. I was a sinner and I still do sin, but God’s love for me or for anyone for that matter does not change and it never will. I do believe in a heaven and a hell for those who do and do not believe and accept God, but I do not wish or hope that anyone have to go to hell. God does not want His creation to go to hell. That is why He sent His Son Jesus into the world so that we might see the way to God.
I am really sorry to those who have been beaten and mistreated by fake Christians because for someone to love God they have to love people to and unfortunately they seem to forget that. God really is love and yes not everyone will go to heaven but I still will pray that you find the love that my God gives. Find an actual Christian or if for some sad reason you cannot find one please contact me. If for nothing but to talk or just listen.

“For God so loved the world that He gave is one and only
Son that whoever believes in Him will not die but have everlasting life.” JOHN 3:16

Kukolulo said...
Jan. 3 at 6:57 pm
Leviticus 20:13 If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
Strong voice, but your piece would be stronger if you revised it. I know it comes from the heart, but revising such a piece with the same vigor could make it shine like the sun.

Dreamboat said...
I dont see why so many christians have this problem. I am not a christian or a homosexual but i believe that you shouldn't dislike something that you know little about. I have never heard of a verse in the Bible that claims that homosexualtiy is wrong and should be punished. Also how can you not hate something but hate what comes naturaly to it. Also if god created everything then why did he create something that he himself dosn't like, its not to better himself because isnt he already almightly?

writinggurlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 11 at 1:29 pm

Saved said...
That is the truth. People need to realize this. God does NOT hate homosexuals, but he DOES hate homosexuality.

logo24 said...
Exactly. You have based this article on fact. What you say is true. I go to the Boston Church of Christ . This is what we teach. We follow what the bible says and only what the Bible says. The only way to be saved is through a relationship with Jesus "no one comes to the father except through me" This is what the Bible teaches so I don't understand why some people claim to believe in the Bible but then have infant baptisms or think that they don't need to have a relationsh... (more »)

invisiblesoul said...
I'm so glad you articulated what is the opinion of many other Christians out there. I myself have trouble with not speaking out (sometimes rudely) my opinions on the sin of homosexuality, but I also understand that when I speak my views I need to express them in love. In the book of Romans (which my youth group is studying), God talks about how in his eyes there are no "big" and "little" sins. I've never murdered anyone, but I've lied and disrespected my parent... (more »)

Kelz1141This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This was a great article. Something that really irritates me is when some christians mix up politics and religion. By makeing gay marriage illegal you are forceing someone to be like you and i just dont think its right. But i can see not all christians are like that includeing you. It was a wonderful article good job.

I love this article. I have no religion but I'm okay with anyone who believes anything. Just something that really irritates me is when some christians want to mix up politics and religion. I mean makeing gay marriage illegal is just forceing someone to be like you, I just don't think it's right. But i can see not all christians are like that including you. It was a beautiful article.

CaseyLeigh This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
As an atheist who tries to live my life well and by high morals, I have been told I'm going to hell and that I'm a horrible person who is destroying our society and doesn't even deserve to live--yes, those actual words have been spoken to me. I truly appreciate this article for the open-mindedness it exhibits. Thank you. :]

Caleb H. replied...
Nov. 17, 2009 at 11:20 am
you are welcome I do believe that only christians go to heaven but who am i to judge you when you ARE probably a better person than most christians. I will will pray for you not because I think you are a "sinner" but because I hope that your view on christianity changes and that maybe you will get to know God.

CaseyLeigh This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you; while I don't believe my views will change, I do appreciate your understanding. :]

logo24 replied...
I believe that nobody is a "better person" than anybody else. Who are we to judge. We are all sinners. Judging is God's job. No human being should be judging anybody else. This reminds me of when the adulteress was about to be stoned for her sin and Jesus said basically let he who is without sin to be the first to throw a stone. The people who were going to stone her slowly left and only Jesus remained. He then said I won't condemn you, you can go. He was the only one wit... (more »)