Not Just Because, Just Believe

She looked down at the limp teddy bear in her hands. The sweet toy stared up at her with black button eyes and an unfading smile. A patch marked the bears chest, over it’s “heart”, where it had been worn through by five years of constant love. The right ear was permanently deformed from five years of being gripped tightly by a tiny toddler hand as it was dragged from place to place, never once being laid to rest in a corner as the other stuffed animals.
The distant sound of a child’s scream shattered her heart, bringing her world to a stand still as she allowed herself to be overtaken by her grief. Her baby was gone from her. All she had left of him was the tattered teddy bear, such a small reminder of such a precious life, taken away too early. Five sweet and tender years, the lifeless bear in her hands held every moment in its blank button eye stare. Short and sweet. His life was surly that. The young mother found herself struggling with not knowing the answer to her question of why?

Though asked by every person in the world at some point or another, it has never received an answer that has put the familiar question to rest. Though many will say “because…“, not every one will agree, or understand the because. It is an impossible question to understand the answer to, yet a simple one to answer. If you can believe. Believe. The power to wash away grief, to smile again, to hope again, to dance again. To live again.
There is a world. We know this is true. Why? Because, we can see it and feel it. There is a beginning, a middle, and an end. There is no way to deny this. Why? Because we can see as a new life comes into this world, we can watch as this life grows, and later, we can watch as this life ends. There is pain in this world. This everyone knows. Why? Because everyone has felt it in some way or another. See plus feel equals believe.
We tend to be a stubborn people. where we cannot believe something unless we can see it or feel it, because then it is not impossible to us anymore. Because by feeling it and seeing it, we have proved it. As simple as that. Where is faith? Faith, is the substance of thing hoped for, the evidence of things unseen.
We question. We wonder. And yet, the answers are always so simple. We only complicate them with our questions. Can’t we just let it be simple and just…believe?
God. How can He be real? We can not see Him, cannot feel Him. But the world, that we know is real, (because), we can see it, and the pain, the love, and the joy, of this life we can feel. Where does it come from? There is an answer for this question. Will you believe it? Probably not. Why? Because, you cannot see it, you cannot feel it. Or, maybe it is only because you have not chosen to see it, have not chosen to feel it. Simply, ignored it. Have not believed. Did not have faith. Both unseen. But both are felt.
The Mona Lisa. How do we know that it was painted by a man named Leonardo de Vinci. Or that, it even had a painter? Couldn’t it have just become, just as, (some of have said), the world just became? Perhaps. But that is a very difficult thing to believe, now, isn’t it? And, if I said that this was what I believed, then you would probably laugh, roll your eyes, and probably never finish this. But don’t worry, because I don’t believe that. I believe, that the Mona Lisa had a painter, just as the world has a creator. How do we know that the Mona Lisa had a painter, and that it was Leonardo de Vinci? Because, we can read this all over, on the internet, in history books, some art books…ect. How do we know that the world was created, and that it was created by God? The same way that we know the Mona Lisa was painted, and indeed was painted by Leonardo de Vinci.
How can we really deny it? Even if you are blind. You can still feel it. In your heart when you love, laugh, cry. On your face when the wind blows. With your hands as you feel a loved one’s face. So really, and truly, in the end, it is impossible to deny, (though I know you will), God. Why? I ask now. Won’t you believe, have faith, accept, what is so easy. It’s going to be impossible to see the forest through the trees if you choose to make it so. Just stop. Don’t make it complicated. Don’t question. Breath. Listen. See. Believe…simply, fall into the arms of faith.
Why? God. Is there a better answer? There is an artist behind every single masterpiece. There is a writer behind every story, poem, song, ect. And, there is also, just as sure as there is a writer or artist for ever work of art, there is a God for the wonderful masterpiece called sunset, mountain, sky, sun, smile, eyes, meadow, stream, lake, snow, world. Why? Can’t you believe? Is it so impossible? So hard? To much to ask?
My simple answer for the complicated why?, is, faith, believe, God. What is your answer? Is it for reason, or just because?

Persona said...
Dec. 19, 2009 at 3:47 am
A few questions and statements:
Why should one delude one's-self into believing something that is pleasant, merely because it is pleasant, as you seem to suggest in your fourth paragraph? Is it not more responsible to take in reality honestly? As for faith, it is not evidence for things unseen. Many have faith in a variety of things, often which conflict with the faith of others. How is it that faith is a valid form of evidence, while much of this "evidence" openly contradic... (more »)

sailercThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 8, 2010 at 6:10 am
This is exactly what I have been trying to say! Right on!

Yizzie said...
Dec. 17, 2009 at 2:01 am
Thank you for this. Really, I really mean it. I was just in a conversation with my friend who said he couldn't believe because he couldn't see it or felt it. I was so upset after it, that I stumbled on this and It shined a light. Thank you so much. =]

savinGrace replied...
All thanks to God!=) Your comment means so much, thank you. I hope that some day your friend will be able to beleive. Just got to keep praying. God answers prayers. =)

AngelGal07 replied...
Yes he does!!!!!

Hollywog. said...
Oct. 27, 2009 at 1:12 am
Congratualtions on this piece of writing - it is so powerful and incredible.
The things you bring up in this are totally legit. You have made me think about things and that is truly an amazing thing.
Well done =)
xx

savinGrace replied...
Hey! Thanks so much for your comment. Having a hard day, but your comment on my work really made me smile and has put some sunshine in my cloudy day. Thanks so much.
...are you a Christian? =)

Magsie replied...
this is a beautiful article.