It's the Only Way | Teen Ink

It's the Only Way

October 10, 2009
By Something_Underneath SILVER, Ozawkie, Kansas
Something_Underneath SILVER, Ozawkie, Kansas
6 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
I said I'd fight back. I didn't say that I'd fight fair.


Freedom of religion is included in the first amendment. The first amendment is included in the document that guarantees American freedom. Your religion or beliefs may not be threatened at an on-the-radar level, but below? Below the monitored level of freedom? Some individuals feel the need to press their beliefs on others, on others who are firmly rooted to their own, personal values and viewpoints. Their establishment of worship is better, their interpretation of the Bible is better, truer, and the only way you can be saved. You tell them, you revoke them, yet they still continue to cram their beliefs down your throat. Finally, you end your relationship with the individual because of the restrictive feelings they’re placing on you. Is this not a breach of the first amendment? A small breach, possibly, but a violation all the same. I am so tired of this problem, stemming from those who think they are holier than everyone who crosses their path. Just forget what they say. It’s the only way you can be saved. Forget what they say.



Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 13 comments.


on Aug. 23 2013 at 5:01 pm
VandalSpirit DIAMOND, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
51 articles 9 photos 185 comments

Favorite Quote:
Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of Gods great love, we are not consumed. His compassion never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

So I just want to take a moment, as a Christian, to maybe give you a different view of Christians. Many Christians in America don't really know what it means to live for Christ. They believe in God and because in America you have to stand for something, they stand for Christ. But how many Christians do you know that push God on you, make bad life decisions, and don't follow the general idea of Christianity? Would you file the Christians you know under the category of loving, forgiving, and understanding? The signs of a true follower of Christ are patience, love, joy, etc. We are also told to be prepared to give an answer for the defense of our faith but to do so in a loving way. We as Christians are told to reresent Christ's love and some Christians just still need work at that. I can understand your frustration but please keep these things in mind as well.

on Feb. 21 2013 at 11:38 pm
Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana
214 articles 14 photos 1159 comments

Favorite Quote:
“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

Sorry that wasn't directed at you, Sarah -.-

on Feb. 21 2013 at 11:37 pm
Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana
214 articles 14 photos 1159 comments

Favorite Quote:
“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

I pledge allegiance, to the flag, of the United States of America..one nation under ourselves, with liberty and justice for all. Ridiculous. Redundant. Uninspiring. I will continue to say "god" and nobody can "dictate" a secular pledge. P.s. I love how this article is about not shoving your beliefs down someone's throat... And we'll, look what happened... Ironic really...

on Nov. 22 2011 at 8:05 am
you guys, you dont even have to say the pledge at all. hell, for all anybody cares, make up your own little pledge and say that more personal version to show thanks instead of using the government dictated one. by my view, the first 5 lines of the pledge should be acceptable to all American citizens of any religion, and even immigrants living here. whats so bad about being proud of our country?? why cant everyone get over it and just say the word god, it wont kill you! when saying god in the pledge, we are thankful to have all the rights we have, like for example, the freedom of speech (or not to speak) and the freedom of RELIGION. you dont like the god part, dont say it! but many others dont have a problem, so y should u impose your religious beleifs upon them and have your personal beliefs change something in thier life?  

deathward22 said...
on Dec. 25 2010 at 10:34 pm
deathward22, Los Alamos, New Mexico
0 articles 0 photos 42 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." mark twain

Scarecrow

yes, but the government dictates  that if we say the pledge the we "have" to say god. Apparently its a federal law. BS right?


on Jul. 20 2010 at 9:37 pm
Scarecrow BRONZE, Vancouver, Washington
3 articles 0 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
"A father is a banker provided by nature."






-French Proverb

Doesn't my right to free speech allow me to say what I want?

on Jul. 20 2010 at 7:53 pm
conversegirl23 BRONZE, Wasilla, Alaska
1 article 1 photo 36 comments

Favorite Quote:
"So many frogs, so few princes"

BTW, that was for Persona

on Jul. 20 2010 at 7:52 pm
conversegirl23 BRONZE, Wasilla, Alaska
1 article 1 photo 36 comments

Favorite Quote:
"So many frogs, so few princes"

If u want to take God out of it, fine. Just don't force everyone else to follow you.

Persona BRONZE said...
on Dec. 16 2009 at 10:50 pm
Persona BRONZE, Hanford, California
4 articles 0 photos 60 comments
Why is it ridiculous that people want to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance? Why can't we say the pre-Cold War Allegiance anymore(pst! You know, the one without God in it?). I find it ridiculous that it was added in the first place. Why should those who don't believe in God pledge their allegiance to it when they with to pledge their allegiance to their country? And, not allowed to mention God in public schools? Try doing just a quick google search of Christian Clubs on high school campuses. Go on, do it. I for one, listen every day to the morning announcement repeating that Christian Club "Meets in room 101 on Thursday at lunch, bring three dollars for pizza and a drink". I for one, know for a fact that I read with my class books that speak about religion and God in my English classes over the years. Tom Sawyer ring any bells? A Lesson Before Dying?! Fahrenheit 451?! COME ON! The book Montag tries to save is the last copy of the Old Testament and he memorizes Ecclesiastes 3! You're so full of it.

geraco said...
on Nov. 16 2009 at 2:26 pm
I also agree with Jezable, Be respectful to others as you would have them be respectful to you. Believe in what you believe. Just leave every thing in God name the same. The pledge, prayer, curency. This country was founded on believing in God, In God We Trust, so just leave it that way. Leave the Buddist to Budda, the Mosloms to Alah, Jahovasto Jahova atheists to ? Satanist to Satin, and the Americans to GOD!!! ETC.

on Nov. 5 2009 at 9:08 pm
Something_Underneath SILVER, Ozawkie, Kansas
6 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
I said I'd fight back. I didn't say that I'd fight fair.

I agree with you Jezabel. I respect your feelings and beliefs, and I also respect you for not forcing your beliefs on others.

on Oct. 31 2009 at 10:17 am
Jezabel PLATINUM, Ricmond, Virginia
35 articles 0 photos 53 comments

Favorite Quote:
In the end we will not the remeber the words of your enemys, but the silence of are friends.
~ Martin Luther King Jr.

being an immigrant i dont say the pledge. i stand respectlfull. being athesit i still satnd respectifull. why? because of the first ammedment. i belive we should all respect eachother.

on Oct. 29 2009 at 4:19 pm
I think it is absolutely ridiculous how people want to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance. I think it's wrong that you aren't "allowed" to mention God in public schools. God gave us life, breath, a means of repentace for our sins. This is nonesense that we choose to exclude him from our lives like he is a disease of which we need to be rid. It doesn't make sense. People have a cow when things aren't going exactly their ways. It's all about "equality" but look where that has gotten this country. Equality is not killing unborn babies. Equality is giving everyone the chance to make something of themselves. If you choose not to do that then that is not the worlds problem. It isn't America's problem to fix. Everything is a choice.