It's the Only Way

Freedom of religion is included in the first amendment. The first amendment is included in the document that guarantees American freedom. Your religion or beliefs may not be threatened at an on-the-radar level, but below? Below the monitored level of freedom? Some individuals feel the need to press their beliefs on others, on others who are firmly rooted to their own, personal values and viewpoints. Their establishment of worship is better, their interpretation of the Bible is better, truer, and the only way you can be saved. You tell them, you revoke them, yet they still continue to cram their beliefs down your throat. Finally, you end your relationship with the individual because of the restrictive feelings they’re placing on you. Is this not a breach of the first amendment? A small breach, possibly, but a violation all the same. I am so tired of this problem, stemming from those who think they are holier than everyone who crosses their path. Just forget what they say. It’s the only way you can be saved. Forget what they say.

VandalSpiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
So I just want to take a moment, as a Christian, to maybe give you a different view of Christians. Many Christians in America don't really know what it means to live for Christ. They believe in God and because in America you have to stand for something, they stand for Christ. But how many Christians do you know that push God on you, make bad life decisions, and don't follow the general idea of Christianity? Would you file the Christians you know under the category of loving, forgiving, a... (more »)

sarahmichelle98 said...
Nov. 22, 2011 at 8:05 am:
you guys, you dont even have to say the pledge at all. hell, for all anybody cares, make up your own little pledge and say that more personal version to show thanks instead of using the government dictated one. by my view, the first 5 lines of the pledge should be acceptable to all American citizens of any religion, and even immigrants living here. whats so bad about being proud of our country?? why cant everyone get over it and just say the word god, it wont kill you! when saying god in the ple... (more »)

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:37 pm :
I pledge allegiance, to the flag, of the United States of America..one nation under ourselves, with liberty and justice for all. Ridiculous. Redundant. Uninspiring. I will continue to say "god" and nobody can "dictate" a secular pledge. P.s. I love how this article is about not shoving your beliefs down someone's throat... And we'll, look what happened... Ironic really...

Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:38 pm :
Sorry that wasn't directed at you, Sarah -.-

geraco said...
I also agree with Jezable, Be respectful to others as you would have them be respectful to you. Believe in what you believe. Just leave every thing in God name the same. The pledge, prayer, curency. This country was founded on believing in God, In God We Trust, so just leave it that way. Leave the Buddist to Budda, the Mosloms to Alah, Jahovasto Jahova atheists to ? Satanist to Satin, and the Americans to GOD!!! ETC.

AnnonymousFate said...
I think it is absolutely ridiculous how people want to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance. I think it's wrong that you aren't "allowed" to mention God in public schools. God gave us life, breath, a means of repentace for our sins. This is nonesense that we choose to exclude him from our lives like he is a disease of which we need to be rid. It doesn't make sense. People have a cow when things aren't going exactly their ways. It's all about "equality&... (more »)

Jezabel replied...
Oct. 31, 2009 at 10:17 am :
being an immigrant i dont say the pledge. i stand respectlfull. being athesit i still satnd respectifull. why? because of the first ammedment. i belive we should all respect eachother.

weXloveXunicorns replied...
Nov. 5, 2009 at 9:08 pm :
I agree with you Jezabel. I respect your feelings and beliefs, and I also respect you for not forcing your beliefs on others.

Persona replied...
Dec. 16, 2009 at 10:50 pm :
Why is it ridiculous that people want to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance? Why can't we say the pre-Cold War Allegiance anymore(pst! You know, the one without God in it?). I find it ridiculous that it was added in the first place. Why should those who don't believe in God pledge their allegiance to it when they with to pledge their allegiance to their country? And, not allowed to mention God in public schools? Try doing just a quick google search of Christian Clubs on high scho... (more »)

conversegirl23 replied...
Jul. 20, 2010 at 7:52 pm :
If u want to take God out of it, fine. Just don't force everyone else to follow you.

conversegirl23 replied...
Jul. 20, 2010 at 7:53 pm :
BTW, that was for Persona

Scarecrow This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 20, 2010 at 9:37 pm :
Doesn't my right to free speech allow me to say what I want?

deathward22 replied...
Dec. 25, 2010 at 10:34 pm :

Scarecrow

yes, but the government dictates  that if we say the pledge the we "have" to say god. Apparently its a federal law. BS right?