You've Been Deceived

Oh, the pain, the unbelief that goes through my mind. I wander around pacing, eyes open wide, brow furrowed together.
“How could such logic be considered?” I ask myself.
I sit, for I fear that I will wear a hole in the carpet from my continuous, worried pace.
Something in the very depths of my being stirs, thus causing an unsettled feeling.
“He is real. How could anyone be so blind as to not see His wonderful ways?”
The thought crosses my mind several times before the conclusion comes with much clarity.
Deception. The act of being deceived, beguiled, misled.
This world has been. . . Deceived. Time and time again.
Atheists, witches, warlocks. All made up by the mind. All made up after being deceived.
The unsettled feeling returns.
“Well, I know the truth, and it isn’t my place to judge, but it hurts so bad!”
I sit and hold my head, and let silent, gentle tears run down my cheeks. Oh how my heart goes out to these people!
Can they not see any good mirrored in the life of God’s people?
Don’t they realize that Jesus shed blood to wash their slate clean?
He took stripe after stripe for their sake?
And they take it for granted.
They’ve been deceived.

ZaraclaylimeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 13 at 10:27 pm:
Good job Scarlett. I agree and I've often felt the same way. Don't mind all the negative comments, not everyone understands us.

lebasiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 9, 2013 at 1:27 am:
So everybody thinks the people of other religions(or no religion) have been decieved. moving on...

ChristianTeen said...
Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:09 pm:
Great job.

DesertFox94 said...
Mar. 15, 2012 at 7:45 pm:
Apparently you've been deceived. Muhammad is the only prophet. 

I know so because my holy book, the Quran, is the ONLY HOLY BOOK. 

packerbacker12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:19 am :
its to bad that esau is still trying to kill Jacob isn't it. the promise was given to Jacob not esau/islam

fireandrainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:18 pm :
Jesus isn't a prophet, He is the Son of God.

Mtizzle said...
Feb. 14, 2012 at 2:05 pm:
what are your views on Deists?

TaphephobiaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
You put what I feel into the perfect words. 5 stars!

AngelGal07 said...
Thank you for posting this message! It was refreshing! keep on writing and shareing the message you have set placed in your heart!

peace_love_beauty said...
Aug. 30, 2011 at 8:56 am:
I love this =) The message is great

ambnyc This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

I am Atheist. I am not deceived, and I don't want your pity, sympathy, belittlement, or attempts to "save" me or tell me I am "lost." I am not lost.

God does not exist, and I am proud to say it.

AngelGal07 replied...
Nov. 4, 2011 at 8:02 pm :
you don't have to recieve the authors pitty or even sympathy. they're not even trying to "save" you ether. The author is expressing what they had come to the conclusion and wanted to share with the rest of the world. you may not agree with them but they'll never stop giving their love for the people around them even if they are saved. 

Person said...
Jun. 30, 2011 at 4:17 am:
"How could such logic be considered?" is one of the lines you used. Im not Atheist, Im Deist, but that may be the same thing Atheists think at the thought of Christianity, or any other religion that involves a Supreme Being. I mean, and unseen force creates an entire universe and everything in it which includes every little particle, every little molecule, and every little speck of the stars and the earth and the air itself, gravity, and people, and every little&nbs... (more »)

ChristianTeen replied...
Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:07 pm :
Your a deist, so you believe in God. But you don't believe he can control or destroy what he made? Or everything about it? Put yourself in Gods shoes, if you stacked up bricks with your hands, couldn't you count how many bricks you used, and then knock you structue down? Imagine that, accept God is MUCH MUCH more powerful and brilliant than any human being. So why couldn't he toil with or even destroy something he made. Your point was the universe is too big for any being/deity to know great det... (more »)

freeflow23 said...
Jun. 25, 2011 at 4:31 pm:
I enjoyed both the message and stucture of this piece.

Sythan said...
Jun. 5, 2011 at 2:16 pm:
Not all who wonder are lost or deceived. Multiple religions existed before Christianity, how can they be any less valid than Christianity?

earlybird_8 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 3, 2011 at 9:18 pm:
Although I might not agree with the message, I have to say that the structure of the essay creates an interesting rhythm. It's sort of like the reader is in the author's head, and experiencing each thought as it occurs.

MadMouse said...
I really like this article- thanks for writing it! You're really good at expressing your emotions in writing. Keep it up!

HisPurePrincess This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:15 am:
Beautiful.  Just beautiful.  And I can feel the Spirit in this.  God blessed your hands when you wrote this.  Wonderful job and keep writing for the King!  read some of my stuff if you could.

Dreamboat said...
Mar. 29, 2011 at 8:32 am:
If you where to acually use really logic, you would see that there is no really proff for god and that the belief in something that is going to save you when you die will make you waste your life away.