A Coloradians POV

If you've ver lived in Colorado, you'd know is was sensible to not trust the weather man. Try as they might, they could never pin point our weather. A friend of mine once said, looking up at the sky," Only a Coloradian can wake up when it's 98 degrees and wonder if it's going to snow today." The weather ever changing, we have to make the best of what we got. If you have a tripped planned to the beach and it starts to rain, it changes to a day at home or out eating. Just like life, you have to roll with the punches. Talk a couple left hooks here and there. If you fall, just stand back up. You have to be able to take what life is throwing at you. It's not about how you fall, it's about the way you pick yourself back up. Brace yourself for the fiercest wind, the hardest snow, the sharpest rain, and the most scorching sun because life only gets harder. You have to grow form your experiences, and take whatever live gives you. Trying to go backwards or yelling at the weather doesn't help. Believe, all Coloraidans have tried. Be optimistic. That doesn't mean you have to walk around walk around glass eyed, pretending there's nothing wrong when disaster strikes. Pray to God he'll pull you through the darkest weather. If you ever looked back and only saw one set of foot prints, that's where he carried you. So, from a Coloradians point of view, take the weather, it's always changing, even when you're expecting it, you really aren't.

Genya This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Either you can take the chances and deal with the weather, or you can migrate.

HannahHop said...

Hey, I was from Colorado and I totally understand what you are talking about when it comes to weather.

I liked the way you tied your faith into the setting where you live.  The piece was short, simple, touching, and sweet.

Good job!<3

nataly123 said...
May 2, 2011 at 11:18 am:
this is a nice way of seeing things, good lesson to learn

KrystalT said...
Nov. 27, 2010 at 9:23 am:
Nice way to view things.

Phantom_Girl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Never trust a weather man. It's the only carreer that you can always be wrong and still have a job.

earthmuffin This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 23, 2010 at 1:00 pm:
I like it. Especially the last four lines. Trust in God and he will always pull you through. Psalms 139: 10-LOOK IT UP IF YOU PLEASE

HisPurePrincess This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 10, 2011 at 10:11 pm :
Psalm 139 - oh yes that is one of my favorite passeges!  you rock!  I have it all memorized, sorry, I'm proud of that fact.  Anyway...yeah.  

iLuvRaWr said...
Yeah...DO NOT TRUST THE WEATHER MAN!