Why The World Can&#39t Live Without God | Teen Ink

Why The World Can&#39t Live Without God

By Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado
Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado

Everything you have will someday be gone. Even if you don’t miss it now, you probably will later. So take pictures and hide them in your memories so you can recall them later after everything that is becomes everything that was. OR I know you’re hurting, even if it’s just when you’re alone and thoughts seem to rush into your head and you can’t seem to keep them from coming in. But there can be beauty in pain; Even though sometimes it’s hard to see.

It’s strange that the topic called God is frowned upon. That the people who believe in Him are scared to speak of Him in public, and to their friends. That we hear about all the people who wish to get the “under God” taken out of the pledge, about news stories that are written about how abortion, murder, suicide, and sexual promiscuity rise even when the belief of God is present. Yet in all reality, Jesus/God is the most well known person in the entire world. It doesn’t matter where you go, when you bring up His name, people’s ears perk up, their hearts open, and they begin to recognize how He is present in their everyday lives.

He’s a fascinating subject and He’s even better once you really get to see why people love Him so much. You begin to see that He’s the person that you’ve always dreamed of becoming. That He’s the person that you’ve always wanted to marry. That He’s the hero the world needs, and that nothing else could have made this world other than God. That the world is so incredibly perfect, that in order to create it in a blink of an eye, would be ridiculous. That if even one little tiny fraction went wrong the entire world wouldn’t have ever come into existence. That miracles happen everyday and aren’t coincidences. One amazing miracle that we all know and possibly see everyday is childbirth. It’s the world’s ordinary miracle. Another example of a miracle is how the principle at Columbine was able to pick one key, out of a hundred and open a door, so he could get himself and two other students out of the building right before the gunman came around the corner. He later tried it many times over again and was never able to successfully do it again. So you tell me, was that a higher being watching over them or just a coincidence?

People often skew the way they look at God. They think that just because they are buddies with Him, that they’ll get everything they want. That if they pray for something, it’ll be there the next day. They believe that God is on their side all the time so they will always win. But they’re wrong. They don’t decide if God is on their side… He does. That’s what scares people the most about him. “I mean how is the world supposed to understand one who rejected the offer of power and control?" (Joan B. Campbell) That’s what humans strive for… power and control. How are we supposed to understand someone who takes the underdogs of the world and makes them into kings, who chooses the foolish of the world to shame the wise, and the weak to shame the strong? How are we supposed to understand someone who we know nothing about? How are we supposed to understand someone who is always consistent, yet unpredictable? You always know where you are with Him, but you very rarely know what He is going to do next. You can never find security in what He is doing, but you can find security in who He is. He’s the one thing in this world that we cannot control, and as humans that drives us crazy, because what we don’t understand, we fear, and what we fear, we try to kill. That’s why people die all over the world for Him. People get persecuted, put to death, put into camps, sent out of the country, and have to hide in fear that their governments with kill them for believing in God. So they meet in secret to worship Him. Now, can you tell me one other thing that scares the entire world that much?

The funny thing is, it doesn’t matter if you believe in Him or not, because even the faithless come to Him when they are down. They pray to Him when they need something. They find him during war so they can be protected, and so they can find comfort in dieing, because they know that they are going to be going to another place… one that’s better then this place here. He’s the one that’s there when people fall into depression. He’s the one that pulls them out of it. They come to him beaten and broken, and He takes them in with open arms and a loving heart. He’s the only person who doesn’t judge us for what we have done, but instead forgives us again and again. He’s the only one who is always around, the only person that you can talk to wherever you are.

The last thing that I find interesting about God is the people who believe in Him and how they act because of it. They think about others before they think of themselves. They give God the credit. They sacrifice themselves so that others may live. They care enough to make your problems their own. They are the random people who change your day. They are there when no one else is. They believe in you when no one else does. No wonder these people get rejected, they promote goodwill in the world. They promote change. They promote a higher calling; they believe that the underdog can win.

So if you think that the world is bad now… just imagine what it would be like without God in it. There would be no hope, and no good. The ones that we all rely on would be killed. The world would fall apart. We wouldn’t have a scapegoat to blame all our problems on. We wouldn’t have a superior being to lean on, to use as support. We wouldn’t have anything to live for. We wouldn’t go anywhere when we died, because there’d be no Heaven and no Hell. When you are lying on your deathbed, wouldn’t you like to know that someone is lying there next to you, holding your hand, saying “Come with me, it’s time to go”.

This was written for my Expository Writing class. It was intended to be biased, because that was part of the assignment.

on Jan. 21 2011 at 12:15 am
Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado

The thing that makes the world imperfect is us. But what I meant when I wrote the word perfect is the fact that if one little thing was off the world would have never been. 

on Jan. 21 2011 at 12:12 am
Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado

Thanks. And yes I will  make sure to check it out. 

on Jan. 21 2011 at 12:12 am
Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado

Sometimes, people who believe in God are afraid to speak his name in fear of what other people will think of them. Perhaps fear of rejection, or harm, or being cast out. People in other countries get killed for saying his name so some chose to stay quite about it. For example say you're in a classroom and you teacher says to raise your hand if you believe in X and everyone but you raises their hand because you believe in Y. Would you put your hand up to blend in with the majority? Or would you stand alone and wait and raise your hand when she asked if you believed in Y?

Luckylucky GOLD, Hartford, Connecticut

''be nice to others,everyone is fighting their own battles''
''only people who risk going far,know how far they can go''
''what have you done to make your life better?''

well the article is pretty nice but i dont agree with the god doing miracles part ,,,,,, i dont think its god doing miracles i just think its people finally doing something good and btw i had a question if people do believe in god so much then why dont they discuss this topic with other people???and btw i am an atheist and i am proud of it!

Sythan BRONZE said...
on Dec. 28 2010 at 2:33 am
Sythan BRONZE, Livermore, California

"Do not fear to blister if you live a life in flame"

Because he has the right to be.

earlybird_8 BRONZE, Roberts Creek, Other

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Actually, if you have the time there's a few really good books you can read, if you're into the physics stuff. One's called "The Elegant Universe" and it's mostly about string theory but there's a chapter at the beginning devoted to quantum physics, and another one is called "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking. They're both really good, and they explain a lot of complicated concepts without getting too confusing.

brie13 GOLD said...
on Dec. 18 2010 at 11:01 am
brie13 GOLD, Sparks, Nevada

What is the meaning of life? -- To live ( Mr.Swigart- Bio Teacher)

truthfully, i don't know much about quantum physics. But im sure they explain that shows how stuff appear and I doesn't make any sense at all to me on how something can out of nothing just appear without any materials creating it or someone creating it. Do you know any websites i can look at to get a better view and understanding quantum physics and where it says thing pop out of nothing? 

Actually, when you get down to a small enough scale, stuff pops out of nothing all the time. There's an entire science devoted to it, quantum physics.

LexiB SILVER said...
on Nov. 3 2010 at 7:03 am
LexiB SILVER, Tallassee, Alabama

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged. For the Lord your God will be with you where ever you go."

Joshua 1:9

I loved it! Thank  you for writing such a well written and true article. Will you check out some of my work?

tuasony said...
you are right about people who beleive in god dont want to bring it up. And god does miracles everyday, and we hardly notice him at work. the only part I dont agree on is what you said about the world being perfect. This world has not been perfect since the fall of man. Other than that, good job!

jbutterfly10 GOLD, Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania

There is a time for everything under the sun:~

Why are you an atheist?

brie13 GOLD said...
brie13 GOLD, Sparks, Nevada

If there is no outside God ruling the universe how did the Earth come into existance? The Big Bang makes no sense at all. A world as amazing and complex couldnt just poof into existance. Did you ever consider God being the very cause of what scienticts call the Big Bang? Nothing else in our world just pops into existance. They were all created by something or someone else.

Nathaniel PLATINUM, Huntsville, Missouri

"For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." --William Shakespeare

The ingredients that men of faith call "God" are already in them. So technically, there is no outside God ruling the universe. That's my little thought/suggestion for the day.

Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. I read your article and I really liked it, brought up things that I find others do to me; especially the whole "innocent" thing. 

on Apr. 1 2010 at 8:40 am
tennisplayergirl GOLD, Arrington, Virginia

"He who will not risk cannot win." John Paul Jones

I am an atheist, and I have never prayed to god, FYI

thestr4wberry, Ridgefield, New Jersey
wow... this is really a good article. It really opened my mind into many aspects about God and the effects he has on those who do not believe. Thanks for your insight!

LeannaRose SILVER, Moreno Valley, California

I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you learn to appreciate them when they're right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself...and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

i like your article! please read my article, 'Standing out, what makes me different,' and tell me your thoughts!

AngelGal07 GOLD, Ferndale, Washington

"If you do not love God then you do not know God for God is love" 1 John 4:8

i agree on most stuff you had written. a lot is true and i'm glad that you wrote this paper , to explain what things are turning about. keep writing and have faith in god for he great and can give and take away!

SLC96 GOLD said...
SLC96 GOLD, McGill, Nevada

live life as if you won't see the future , laugh at yourself & your mistakes & love to the fullest.

that is so amazing and true! i love it!

ThatBlondGuy SILVER, Mableton, Georgia
No reason to apologize--I just misunderstood. Thanks for clearing things up. You're a good writer.