The Serendipity | Teen Ink

The Serendipity

By Mahathi_R BRONZE, Chennai, Other
Mahathi_R BRONZE, Chennai, Other

"The entropy of the Universe always increases"

"Medicine is my lawful wife and literature, my mistress. When I get fed up with one, I spend the night with the other- Anton Chekhov"

While the rain pours heavily up on my terrace, the decrepit essence of thoughts engulf me as I recline in deep thinking, the bounty thoughts beckoning myself to its sagacious strangeness - profound yet complicated. 

"Why do we think?" is more a question of Psychology than Biology. Although unsolicited, It just happens as a monotonous routine- engulfing us in a unique conversation with the episteme of Universe.

Eventually it becomes a part of ourselves which cannot be abhorred in disdain nor could be remarked with amusement. Its significance owes to its elasticity- thoughts that are etched with hallucinations of the past, of the unbeknownst future. Some come with alluring curiosities and a few others with melodramatic illusions.

As famous Philosopher Nietzsche recalls, the deeds of man propagate on the idea of power- in search of a greater need. 

Thoughts cannot be considered a deed, yet I believe, is as significant.

In its flamboyance, it flawlessly represents a deed. An Idea in such case. According to the Kantian Philosophy, thoughts of allusions create an illusion which further embarks an Idea. Now this propagation of an IDEA  emerged in search of a greater need.  

Our thoughts in all its variety embarks on a journey that seeks truth. Even the tiniest speck of curiosity that abounds, is in search of a truth. The Trials and tribulations, rise and fall- everything that the mind speculates is in search of truth, which in disdain, is an attempt to unfathom the complexities of Universe.

To thwart it, is impossible. When further asked to be adjourned, it still finds a way to make a recurrence in its expedition.  Of such great significance are these thoughts that prey upon us.

Yet, when I probe further, this occurs naturally. A deed unlike others, that which occurs occasionally in our busy lives with such ease. Its occurrence still a mystery, it is, but a lovely serendipity!