Pitbulls Are Sweet Too | Teen Ink

Pitbulls Are Sweet Too

May 17, 2018
By vchamorro BRONZE, Kenner, Louisiana
vchamorro BRONZE, Kenner, Louisiana
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

All dogs are sweet but, some have a bad reputation which makes people concerned when they see one. Pitbulls are one of those breeds and can be treated terribly because of it. Many believe that pitbulls should not be kept as pets because they are seen as vicious. People should be allowed to own pitbulls because they are not born vicious and pitbulls are not the only dogs that can be mean.


Pitbulls are not born vicious and can be very nice dogs. The way pitbulls are raised is what makes them mean. If a pitbull is trained from a puppy to fight, then yes, it will be a mean, vicious dog. Also, if the dog is abused then it might also be mean. Pitbulls who are raised in the right way are very lovable and kind animals. They can be as nice as any other dog. They should not be treated differently because of the name of their breed.


Pitbulls are not the only dogs who have been vicious in the past. Any dog can be vicious and any dog can be sweet. Dogs such as labradors who are said to be very kind and are supposedly good for families have also been vicious or mean. I had a labrador for 13 years that was mean towards strangers because he was abused before my family got him. I now have a pitbull who is very sweet and loves everyone. If other dogs are vicious then should not be able to kept because that is not fair to single out one breed of dog.


Someone who disagrees with allowing people to keep pitbulls would say that there are many cases of people being attacked by a pitbull and being seriously injured. Although, people can be attacked by any breed of dog and if any dog is approached incorrectly or raised wrong the dog can react badly to strangers.


Pitbulls are just like any other dog and should be allowed to be kept as pets. They are born nice just like every other dog. People who want to own a pitbull should be allowed to after proving they can take proper care of a dog. To prove they are able to take care of the dog there should have to be classes for the dog and owner to go to so they can be trained properly. Once the class is completed they can receive a certificate. There can also be yearly checkups on the family who got the dog to make sure everything is good.


The author's comments:

I just want to spread awareness of the sweet animals that are simply misunderstood!