Death to Society | Teen Ink

Death to Society

By lexi_hayleigh BRONZE, Merritt Island, Florida
lexi_hayleigh BRONZE, Merritt Island, Florida

Ships are safe at the shore, but that's not what there built for.

They always say that you should try your best. But the truth is, you can't change where the stars are in the sky. No matter how much you try, you are who you are. Nothing can change what’s inside of you. Some may try to change how they look, but in reality, they are still the same inside. Trying your best may seem like a great option, but not everybody has the same “best”. So instead, we should be confident in who we are. No more perfect people, no more ideal images, and no more changing for the sake of others. In life, it's up to us to stay strong. It doesn't matter what others think of us. We are our own people, and that is enough.

If you stop and think, there are millions of people each day that live hating themselves. The world needs to stop and look around. We’re all miserably trying to be “perfect” and fit in. When we wake up in the morning we should smile at a new day, not cry as we look in the mirror judging ourselves. It’s not up to society to judge how we are supposed to look or act. So what if you slightly smaller, or bigger than the person next to you. You are perfect just the way you are. It doesn't matter if you're a little goofy or childish. You're just adding more joy to the world.

Where is that society that is supposed to be equal? Where is that world? We all sometimes dream about it in our head. But we all just assume that it will eventually get better. But it's never going to get better, unless we act. We can’t just hope someone else will come along and change things. We have to stand up, and take action. We need to make that world in our head come to life. Everyone needs to stop crying and start working for a better future. We need to strive for that better society. We owe it to each other and most of all ourselves.

Society is on its way to a downward spiral that will end in a hot explosion of burning fire. The world needs to realize this before it is too late. This is my way of sharing it with the world. What will you do?

MJMI said...
on Mar. 23 2018 at 7:34 am
Great article, so true