Heart of a Paper | Teen Ink

Heart of a Paper

By kevinsong BRONZE, Austin, Texas
kevinsong BRONZE, Austin, Texas

If you were to look at a tree, you might have a hard time imagining how something so tall and strong could be turned into something as thin and weak as a sheet of paper. The process begins with the raw wood, which is made up of fibers called "cellulose." (Cellulose is a substance that exists in the cell walls of plants and is used to make paper, plastic, and various fabrics and fibers).

The cellulose fibers are stuck together with a natural glue called "lignin." (lignin is a complex organic polymer deposited in the cell walls of many plants, making them rigid and woody.) When the lignin is removed and the cellulose fibers are separated and reorganized, paper can be made.

In the ancient Egypt paper was made by the plant named papyrus plant. Papyrus plant is a reed that grows in marshy areas around the Nile river. In Ancient Egypt, the wild plant was used for a variety of uses. Specially cultivated papyrus, grown on plantations, was used to make the writing material. The inside of the triangular stalk was cut or peeled into long strips, put into water, lined up, and dried to create paper.

Paper is a thin material produced by pressing together moist fibres of cellulose pulp derived from wood, rags or grasses, and drying them into flexible sheets. Paper has many uses, including writing, printing, packaging, cleaning, drawing, and a number of industrial and construction processes. So If you use the paper, it will soon be thrown away.

Next time you crumple or rip a new sheet of paper, consider that you’d would have to take time to repair it. Have you ever tried to fix a torn sheet of paper? It’s like a human heart. Hard to fix after so much damage has been done. Did you know that a word can last longer than a injury? So, if a person gets bullied or get hurt in the inside it last forever. Even if you heal that person it won’t heal everything.

Say there is a heart and you damage, it will be hard to put the heart back together. Some people even suicide because of it.

4,400 people commit suicide per year in the world world because of others ridiculing from school,jobs, anywhere! So next time you are with friends always keep in mind that you want there sheep of paper to look clean as possible.  If you see or know someone that is getting bullied you need to stop that person. Do not make more people die because of bullying and that doesn't mean that the bullies are bad the bullies are bullying because of a reason like family problems, school, and having bad memory. So, do not try to hurt the bullies then you will be the same person try to help them go thru the problems.

MY first piece