Democrats vs Republicans | Teen Ink

Democrats vs Republicans

By twix9144 BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
twix9144 BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois

What is the first thought when one thinks about Democrats? What about Republicans?Democrats are people who believe that the laws should be able to be changed to fit more modern times.While Republicans on the other hand are more traditional and believe that the laws should always be the same.Millions of people vote every year not knowing what Democratic or Republican means or what their viewpoints are.One may believe that men and women should vote Democratic because of their position on firearms, marriage, and healthcare instead of Republican because of their position on firearms, marriage, and healthcare.

For Firearms, Democrats believe that guns are not necessary and that no one in America should have guns on them or in their homes because of how much violence, misery, and all the families and people who suffered because of these objects.According to the text it states “too many families in America have suffered from gun violence...we will expand and strengthen background checks and close dangerous loopholes in our current laws.”.This shows that Democrats believe that guns are dangerous and that it would be better if no one in the country had guns at all.Which is why men and women should vote Democratic because of their position on Firearms.

For the view on Marriage, Democrats believe that lesbians, people that are gay, bisexual, and transgender have the right to marry the person they love and that LGBT marriage should be allowed.They also believe that people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender should not be discriminated against and should always have rights. According to the text it states “LGBT people-like other Americans-have the right to marry the person they love.”.Also another piece of evidence that supports my reason is “We will oppose all state efforts to discriminate against LGBT individuals, including legislation that restricts the right to access public spaces.”.Both of these pieces of evidence show that Democrats support lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender marriages and that they believe LGBT people should not be discriminated against and should have the same rights as everyone else.This is yet another reason why people should vote Democratic because of their point of view on Marriage.

For Healthcare, Democrats believe that having healthcare is a total right and not a privilege.They believe that the healthcare system should put people first instead of their profits.They also believe that people over 55 years of age should be able to choose Medicare.One piece of evidence that supports my reason is that according to the text it states “healthcare is a right, not a privilege, and our health care system should put people before profits...Americans should be able to access public coverage through a public option, and those over 55 should be able to opt in to Medicare.”.This piece of evidence shows that Democrats truly believe every American should get healthcare as a right, not a privilege, that the healthcare system should put people before their profits, that Americans should be able to get public coverage through a public option, and that people over 55 years of age should be able to get Medicare.This is another one of the reasons why people should vote Democratic instead of Republican.

I understand the Republicans position on Firearms, Marriage, and Healthcare.The Republicans point of view on Firearms is that they believe individuals have the right to bear arms/carry guns and that they “oppose federal licensing or registration of law-abiding gun owners (and) registration of ammunition.” so no one could know who owned a gun and ammunition.Their position on Marriage is that they believe there should only be traditional marriages which is only between a man and a woman and they also “do not accept the Supreme Court’s redefinition of marriage and we urge its reconsideration” and also for Healthcare Republicans believe  that “It is time to repeal Obamacare” and limit federal requirements on both private insurance and Medicaid.I still believe one should vote Democratically because of their position on Firearms which is “too many families in America have suffered from gun violence...we will expand and strengthen background checks and close dangerous loopholes in our current laws.” which shows how Democrats don’t want anyone to carry a gun with them since it causes violence, also for Marriage, Democrats believe that “LGBT people-like other Americans-have the right to marry the person they love” which shows they support lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender relationships and marriages.For Healthcare, Democrats believe that “healthcare is a right, not a privilege, and our health care system should put people before profits….Americans should be able to access public coverage through a public option, and those over 55 should be able to opt in to Medicare.” which shows that Democrats think healthcare is a right, the healthcare system should put people before their profit, people should be able to get public coverage through a public option, and that people over 55 years of age should be able to choose Medicare.I believe one should vote Democratic because of their position on Firearms, Marriage, and Healthcare.

In conclusion, now,one knows a little more about Democratic positions on Firearms, Marriage, and Healthcare and a little about Republican positions on the same topics as well.For Firearms, Democrats believe no one should have guns, for Marriage they believe you should marry the person that you truly love no matter what gender, and for Healthcare they believe healthcare is a right and not a privilege.While Republicans have a different viewpoint on those topics. Which one would you vote for?Democrat or Republican?