Passion, Passion, Passion | Teen Ink

Passion, Passion, Passion

December 27, 2017
By writingpending... BRONZE, Pickering, Ontario
writingpending... BRONZE, Pickering, Ontario
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"We must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy"
- Albus Dumbledore


Malala Yousafzai was only 10 years old when she began her first anonymous blog entry. She talked about the Taliban’s extremely strict and cruel rulings on them and her desire to go to school. Malala put many things into perspective for those who weren’t in a situation like hers. It made more fortunate people be aware and donate to the problem by helping save lives. Because of a little girl believing in a cause, little girls who are now in similar problems, can reach out as she did.


I am simply a teenager. It seems like I am not able to do much right now, and my power is small. I can’t defeat world hunger or save all the endangered animals single handily. We hear stories of child heroes that have raised millions of dollars for certain causes and wonder if we could ever do what they do. It seems like such an impossible task for us to be in their spots. As hard as it seems… we can be those kids on the news and help benefit to a cause of our choice.


If there is a topic that angers you and gives you enough passion to pursue, you can always continue through and reach your goals. Humanity evolves through those few that are brave enough to speak out and provide improvements for our world!

 

Although we might not be in an extreme situation like Malala, that doesn’t mean that we don’t have some amazing outlooks, opinions and PASSION as she did! The Internet helps us reach majority of our goals. If there is something that you feel you can do to help, talk about it. Write an article, make a blog, tell your friends and family, start a business, join a club, write a message to your politician. Passion is the only way to kick start something great. I highly encourage you to pursue anything you feel passionate enough to speak out about.

 

A life without passion is one that is static and boring. We wouldn’t accomplish anything, solve any problems, or have any joy. We’d just continue on with life following the rules others have set for us.

 

Finding passion is difficult because you may not realize it, but you have many passions. Whether its playing the piano, watching cartoons, or riding your bike, you can transform these everyday hobbies into extraordinary dreams to make the world a better place. Always remember to carry around a pencil and notebook so you can document any ideas (I personally love keeping a notebook beside my bed because I always seem to be most productive and have the best ideas right before sleeping). The best way to find your passion is looking for things that can bring you joy!


Malala Yousafzai had the passion to send all girls across the world to school, so they can get an education that they deserve. My passion is keeping the arts alive and helping them live alongside technology. No matter how small or insignificant you think your opinion is now, it can always grow to be something amazing. Sharing passion is like lending a bespectacled person glasses.


So what’s your passion? And how will you help it make significant change in your life?


The author's comments:

I love to share my outlooks on certain topics and enjoy inspiring others, articles like these can help us gain new ideas and share them with others