Where Do You Stand? | Teen Ink

Where Do You Stand?

December 26, 2017

What is popularity? The one question has a million different answers. They come with opinions, sometimes a definition and a bunch of other things. We’ve all been given the label popular or unpopular at one point or another. The things we do, say and wear are big factors in who you are labeled to be.

However, I choose not to be given any label. I choose not to let others tell me who I am and who I will be. I will make that choice. I know who I want to be. I know what I want to do. But we often crack under the peer pressure. We try to fit the description of a stranger that has been assigned to us. We don’t know why. We don’t want to be something we’re not. But we all have the inner desire to be the person who has all the friends. That person who everybody seems to know and like. The person who isn’t afraid. We want to be the amazing person people often see us as.

You try to be yourself only to notice you are turning into the others. By Dictionary definition popularity is, “the state or condition of being liked, admired, or supported by many people.”

You shouldn’t let others get to you. You shouldn’t let them change you. Make your own path. Let the world know they can’t change you. You are unique. You are amazing. Don’t let anyone change you to fit their opinion of who a cool person is.