Jamie Oliver on Food

In this truly shocking and eye-opening speech on education about food and obesity, Jamie Oliver; chef and restaurateur, discusses society’s ignorance of food and shares stories of people who are suffering because of food. Lasting nearly 22 minutes Jamie opens with a morbid sentence ’Sadly in the next 18 minutes when I do our chat, four Americans will be dead through the food that they eat’.

Effectively silencing the crowd, Jamie goes on with his speech expressing that he believes that the power of food has a primal place that binds people to the best parts of life. He goes on to how America is one of the most unhealthy countries in the world and for the first time in history children will die earlier than their parents.
He conveys just what food is doing to children and what needs to happen to change that. Proposing multiple ideas to combat the obesity epidemic and save lives. Telling a shocking anecdote of a family who is third generation and obese. Concluding his speech with this moving sentence’ My wish is for you to help a strong, sustainable movement to educate every child about food, to inspire families to cook again, and to empower people everywhere to fight obesity’. Drawing to a close he leaves a new idea planted in the minds of thousands.