Suicide

Suicide is a problem that has affected many lives. It is popular amoung many teenagers for many different reasons. Some people are born mentally ill and others develop depression overtime. Suicide rates are seemingly on the rise because people aren't being taught to cope with the real world. People don't voice how they feel or are ignored when they do. Many parents blame phones and social media but I see a different culprit. I feel that there are not enough suicide awareness programs taking place in schools. I feel that there are not enough ads voicing how real and how painful depression is. I know people believe that talking about suicide will make it seem as if it is an option but something has to change. We must show teens that they are not alone, teach them alternative ways to deal with pain and hardship. Pretending as though it doesn't happen won't make suicide rates lower. We have to acknowledge the problem before we can try to solve it. How many more people must take their lives till we all reach a point of concern? Why do we have to wait?