If I Were Mayor | Teen Ink

If I Were Mayor

By Tennisgirl109 SILVER, Hartland , Wisconsin
Tennisgirl109 SILVER, Hartland , Wisconsin

Sitting in traffic due to orange barrels and detour signs is not the best way to start your day. If I were the Mayor of Milwaukee, I would make sure that your day does not start like that.

As a mayor, I have to make sure that the county is updated and make sure that everything is safe. Road repair is one of the first jobs I would take on as mayor. I would send road engineers to evaluate the roads in Milwaukee. I would have them come back with a road evaluation telling me which specific roads or highways need major work. I would then set up a timeline and budget to make the work and cost efficient. The inspectors would make sure that the work is done correctly.

With a road construction plan in place, this would help make the drive to work or school easier. And this would help our citizens get to their destinations safely and on time. Prioritizing the major road projects would help make less confusion and less orange barrels on the road. Major road repair should be more organized.

The traffic barrels and detour signs are an eyesore, especially when you see them all year round. As mayor, I would want the projects to be completed as scheduled. I think that using a timeline will help complete projects quickly. When the projects are done and the barrels are gone, it will make the drive to Milwaukee more pleasant.
As mayor, I would make sure that roads and highways would be useful to the drivers. I would make sure the important roads are there for your destination. My part as mayor is to make sure that Milwaukee is safe. I would make sure roads do not have damages from construction. I also make sure roads and highways are safe to drive on. Sitting in traffic due to orange barrels and detour signs is no the best way to start your day. If I were mayor this is what I would do.