Bullying Could Put People in Danger | Teen Ink

Bullying Could Put People in Danger

October 17, 2017
By Catie45 BRONZE, Houston, Texas
Catie45 BRONZE, Houston, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

What would you do if you were getting bullied?  If I were you I would tell an adult.Sometimes that does not work for everyone. Some people try to avoid bullying.Because the victim could turn to violence,and hurt themselves or others. That tragedy could bring awareness to parents, children, or even law enforcement.bullying is not only physical, but it could also disrupt a person's emotional life. The consequences of bullying of such were once limited to name calling and school fights.  However bullying has taken a much serious turn. Undoubtedly bullying should just stop because it causes innocent people to hurt themselves


Occasionally, people hurt themselves or others because of bullying.For example,it was a   girl named Phoebe prince she lived in Massachusetts. In 2009 she was a victim of bullying.She was getting threatened and harassed by another girl. so on January 14,2010 she committed suicide by hanging herself. Another example is how on April 20 ,2006 boys named eric and Dylan went to a high school and killed 13 people. They did it because they were lashing out on others that bullied them at school.this shows how kids take bullying to far, and kill themselves or others.


Although, people skip school because of bullying.More than 160,000 kids stay home because of fear of attack or intimidation by other students.  90% of 8th graders are mainly the ones that try to avoid coming to school because of bullying. Another example is how 1 out of 10 students drop out of school because of repeated bullying. Kids should not let bullying interfere with their education.     
  

On the other hand,people get traumatized because of bullying. For example 77% of kids are traumatized for their whole life because of bullying. Also 40% of kids have been physically threatened and started being scared of every person they see. Also people start having difficulties trusting people.       
      

Clearly,  bullying needs to stop now, and fines and jail time is the way to make it happen. Too many people are bullied, It raises rates of teen suicides,and it affects students emotionally and academically. Federal harassment laws can apply if bullying involves prejudice based on race, gender, disability or religion. Anti- Bullying campaigns across the globe have also raised awareness to bullying.  Implementing these penalties would provide an effective deterrent to bullying. The time is to act now. Doing nothing is just as bad as bullying itself.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         


The author's comments:

I used to see kids get bullied and just ignore it.But then i Was thinking about how some people cant ignore it .So i made the article to persuade and inform people how dangerous bullying actually is.