If I Were Mayor of My Town... This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

What do you see when you look out into the city you’ve grown up in? Do you feel a sense of accomplishment or do you feel like the world is on your shoulders and you have to act. Maybe you feel both or neither. Perhaps, you’re somewhere in the middle like me. If I were the mayor of my town I’d try to bring us together in love and fellowship.

I live in a miniscule town, but I don’t know the people around me. The random acts of kindness that I see towards myself and others warms my heart. If I were mayor I’d make sure those acts would become known. The town isn’t ran by money or materialistic things, it’s controlled by the heart and love of the people. These people who do the right thing when no one is looking and don’t need recognition to treat others correctly. However, I believe that they deserve it.

Of course no town is perfect, but the good outweighs the bad in tremendous ways. The heart of my town can be felt from miles outwards and it starts on the inside. This town deserves the recognition, but it doesn’t crave it. We know we’re great and soon others will too. The future is bright for my small town. I envision the streets filled with people loving one another and embracing each other’s differences. I see kids growing up, free to be themselves and not discouraged. My small town is wonderful and if I were mayor I would only improve on what we already possess.