Never Be Bullied Into Silence | Teen Ink

Never Be Bullied Into Silence

By MannyArenas BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
MannyArenas BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York

Many forms, different causes, various outcomes. Twenty percent of teens experience depression before reaching adulthood, according to I Need a Lighthouse, a depression, and suicide education awareness program. Depression affects youth more than adults. When are we going to reduce that number? Are you one of that 20 percent? We, as the voice for the next generation, must speak up for us all. I know first hand, it is not easy to open up to anyone, but only the people you are comfortable with. However, sometimes they do not know exactly what to do to help you or know if you need help or not. I say love yourself, regardless of what people think of you, and do not let anyone get to your head and make you believe that you are anything you are not.

High school can be a struggle and I think many can say that it is true. Keeping up with your grades, trying to pass a test and trying to get in college are enough to keep you up at night. On the other hand, there is too much going on at home, maybe family problems and or maybe trying to love yourself in the midst of everything going wrong. At times like these in your life, you need the motivation to push you through it and conquer it to the best of your ability.

I carry a fair share of doubts and anger with the high school that I am currently attending” two key causes for depression. Many stories online can explain how it feels but everyone is not the same. Different race, gender, age, and sexuality can determine how a person with depression or lack of self-love can react to it. The outcomes can be a life-changing experience for you. Lacking in most teens is an important feeling of school acceptance. Students feed off each other and people depend on what they have to say instead of worrying about yourself, your grades and what college you want to go to. This year, I was diagnosed with general anxiety and depression.  I was confused about it because I did not feel sad or anything. I did not feel. Anxious my mind was telling me, always worrying about what other say really got to my head and it is not the best feeling in the world. That is why it is important to love yourself more than the people you interact with on daily basis. It is not our fault either remember that as you walk down the hall of your school, you forget about everyone and focus on yourself.
I cannot stress enough how seeking for help is a strong move in many ways; you are not parking in an emotion and letting it consume you. Take that leap of faith; step out of your comfort zone. Be brave not to take your life, be brave to keep on pushing. You are so brave for conquering you.

Let’s solve this issue together and push through as the upcoming generation and soon to be new voices for the country. Parents, teachers, principals, guidance counselors, please pay close attention to your students because anything can happen in one day, affecting someone for a lifetime. Willingly, I want to start a teen group where many teens of different communities can come around and just have fun. Somewhere that they do not need to worry about being judged by other people. Change starts in the mind than it takes full effect when you get used to it.

This is a school project about teen activism. What inspired me to write this picece is my personal expirencaes that i belive that will influene someone in a life chaging way.