Driverless Cars Are the Way to Go | Teen Ink

Driverless Cars Are the Way to Go

By K.aitlyn BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan
K.aitlyn BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

McClatchy-Tribune states, “Driverless cars can reduce car crashes by a total of 80%.” Many people in our world right now are challenging the idea of driverless cars. Driverless cars are being noticed and questioned each and every day whether or not they are used on main roads. People have noticed the good and bad about robot cars. Through articles, they express that driverless cars are advanced by helping our world, a lot of important functions that can be used in cars today and by giving people more opportunities.

Driverless cars are more cautious of the objects around them. Recent studies show in the article, “Google Reveals Driverless Car prototype”, it states, “Driverless cars rely on its sensors.” This proves that robot cars has functions that cars do not have today. Whenever the robot car gets close to an object it knows how to react to the situation. Also, the company ford says, “the robot cars change speed, react to traffic flow, and knows how to change lanes.” To add on, driverless cars have a mind of there own, as some people like to say. When people drive they may get distracted or tired, but now we don’t have to worry about that. This is because robot cars pay attention to their surroundings are react if needed.

Additionally, driverless cars are more advanced by helping the environment and air pollution. Currently, in the article,”Cars of the Future are Right Around the Corner”, it says, “robot cars run on different resources besides gasoline.”  This tells us that robot cars won’t release as many chemicals into the air. As of today, cars release non combusted hydrocarbons when fuel is not burned by the car accurately. Furthermore, cars release carbon monoxide which is, “a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas produced by burning gas, wood, propane, charcoal or other fuel. When too much carbon monoxide is in the air, your body replaces the oxygen in your red blood cells with carbon monoxide.This can lead to serious tissue damage, or even death,” says mayoclinic. This informs us that robot cars will reduce less deaths by less crashes but also by chemicals in the air that the cars are releasing.

Lastly, driverless cars help many people in their lifetime financially and being older in age. To support this, in the article, “Cars of the Future are Right Around the Corner,” it introduces that the robot cars can allow “auto companies create rental places.” This would benefit many people financially because it would authorize more job openings to help people rent the cars and/or lease them. Meanwhile, robot cars are also helping the elderly. Some people are not able to drive due to health issues or of old age. But, with the upcoming advancement of robot cars, it “allows you to drive longer in your lifetime.” Driverless cars are very beneficial and need to become a part of our world today.

In conclusion, articles are proving the reasoning behind why driverless cars need to exist on our roads today because they have many advancements in helping our world pollution, functions in the cars that will make them safer, and beneficial advancements to people in our world. As you can see, robot cars improve our world in all aspects. They reduce car crashes and deaths. Can you believe that? Take a second and think about your own safety, ask yourself, do you get tired when driving and lose focus? Do you worry about you mother who is elderly and soon won’t be able to drive and you’ll have to drive her everywhere? People in our world do not notice these types of obstacles. But, if we were to have driverless cars none of these problems would be in the way.