Capable of Success | Teen Ink

Capable of Success

May 26, 2017
By nainoaklindt BRONZE, Kalaheo, Hawaii
nainoaklindt BRONZE, Kalaheo, Hawaii
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Every person is capable of success and achieving any goal they have in life. No matter their rank in society, their intellect, or their background. Do you agree?


Have you ever doubted your ability to accomplish something? Thought you didn't have the characteristics and drive, to succeed? If not, you're a liar. This way of thinking is common in human nature to sometimes feel doubted in hard tasks and jobs throughout life. We are all equally capable of achieving goals that we set for ourselves, as long as we have a beating heart and air in our lungs. We need to stop being lazy and just do.


See, in this generation, we think it is ok to follow the simple daily routine of eating, sleeping, working, repeat - our entire lives, never trying harder in anything and always staying confined in what is comfortable and easiest to our likings. Most of us still wish we were successful and could do something meaningful with our lives to earn it. But, never dare to actually get up and begin the journey. Not because we are incapable - but because we don't want to make any additional effort or work. We are all capable. A famous phrase says “Don't wait for the opportunity. Create it.” Referring to something that we all should keep in mind when we wish for having success, but do absolutely nothing to make that dream into a reality.


I am guilty of this “lazy” way of living life. I watch videos on YouTube and see Instagram posts almost every day of many great entrepreneurs, who are already set for life at a young age, all because one day they decided to make their visions into realities: creating apps or starting businesses, which flourished. See, these people did something to create their success - while many of us think that it's going to be handed over to us with little effort.
Anyone can be successful, no matter their education or financial ranking. Think of Oprah Winfrey, who was raised in poverty on the streets of Mississippi and now has a net worth of $3 billion. You believe that this success was handed to her? The short answer is no, Oprah failed and tried many times again, until finally reaching the top and creating one of the most popular television shows in American history, the Oprah Winfrey Show. Another person, Howard Schultz - who grew up in a poor compound within the Brooklyn projects, lived in poverty throughout his entire childhood and now is the founder of Starbucks Coffee. See, there are all sorts of rags-to-riches stories from all kinds of successful people around the world. None of these people were born into their success, they worked hard and did what they believed they could do. It is better to try and fail - than to do absolutely nothing at all. And wish you did when it's too late. “Success is not an accident.” There is no excuse.


In this current economy, roughly 20% of businesses fail within their first year of operations, and 50% of all businesses fail within five years. The moral being that many people do not succeed the first time and tend to fail on plenty of occasions following. But, through these failures, they learn and eventually - strike the gold, reaching the achievement. So all I ask is, “Do you believe you are capable.”


- Thanks.