Case IH | Teen Ink

Case IH

By 20ns01 BRONZE, Cannon Falls , Minnesota
20ns01 BRONZE, Cannon Falls , Minnesota

I have have a McCormick Farmall 460 International Harvester. She stills runs great and I use her all the time. John Deere however I don’t own a single thing of, So therefore I’m going to show y’all why Case IH is better than John Deere. I’m going to cover the history, parts and service, and the technology used by Case IH.

The history of International goes back to around 175 years ago to 1842 when it was first established. Case and International were not combined the but they were two separate companies. They were JI Case(Tenneco) and International Harvester. In 1876 according to Case IH “ In 1876 Case built its first self-propelled traction steam engine. However Horses were still used to steer the engine.” In 1991 there were 22 tractor companies and today there are only 4 remaining. In 1985 Case and IH Combined there companies and therefore created Case IH. John Deere has stayed John Deere since it was created it hasn’t acquired any companies. Now onto the parts and service of Case IH.

The parts and service of Case IH is very accessible and hasn’t started to cut models just yet but I wouldn’t doubt that they will start doing that in the upcoming years. Since most of the models are still used quite a bit they won’t be as expensive as John Deere. According to Farming Equipment Canada,”Since John Deere holds its value over the years it’s parts will be expensive as well”. On Case IH’s website there is a parts and service link that can help find parts for a tractor. On to the final subject that puts Case IH on top, the technology used in modern Case IH tractors.

The technology used is called the Advanced Farming System(AFS). One of the best AFS is the Data Management Software. It creates soil sampling maps that tells what nutrients are in the soil. It also creates, prints, and imports satellite images which helps during growing season to see if there are and bald spots where the corn didn’t grow or where the corn is growing slower than the rest. The AFS also has receivers that sends information from the satellites to the AFS. One of the receivers is the AG 715 Radio and it’s low profile protects it from moisture and dust. The other is the AG GPS 542 GNSS Base Station which these are put on the border of a field. It also helps with sub inch accuracy.

So I showed why Case IH is better than John Deere by talking about the history, the parts and service, and the technology used by Case IH. So if my Farmall 460 breaks down which I highly doubt but if it does I know where to look to find parts for it. Most likely I’ll be following in the footsteps of my grandpa. He was a farmer and the tractor I have now is his and I plan to use it to start up my own farm on the same land that he did.