Sleep Is Good | Teen Ink

Sleep Is Good

By KarinaA123 BRONZE, Pontiac, Michigan
KarinaA123 BRONZE, Pontiac, Michigan

Do you think students should sleep more hours?If you're like most people you would say yes.Even though waking up is really hard.It could really impact you.Most people would say waking up early can get you get things more done.Sleeping more hours could really make life easier.I think school should start later than usual.

First of all,students would be in time for school.Students that live far away from their school would have a little advantage.For example one of my friends that lives 45 minutes from our school sometimes arrives late.Time management is really important in these cases.If the students have good time management they would have a really good probability of arriving to school early.Overall kids would have more time to arrive to school.

Second of all,it would reduce kids  health problems.It is proven that teenagers who go to bed after 12 "o" clock are 24 percent more likely to suffer from depression.Also over tired students eat more junk food.In a study of teenagers,kids who got less than 8 hours would consume more calories than the teens who sleep for more hours.By sleeping of different hours have different lifestyles.Overall kids should beware that kids are getting hurt just by the amount of sleeping.

Finally,kids would be doing better if school starts later.Their grades would go up.Also kids are more alerted later than 7:00 A.M.Another thing is if you have enough hours of sleep your body is not going to be tired and will be focused on the the work.For example I sleep at 8:00 P.M (early right) and by the time I go to school and learn I'm so focused.I could notice when my grades go up and when I don't sleep early I just can't wait to go home and sleep.Overall kids would do better at school if they get the amount of sleep they need.

In conclusion,kids would have a better lifestyle is school starts later.First of all,students would be in time for school.Second of all,it would reduce kids health problems.Finally,kids would do better if school starts later.Student's life really impacts them by waking up early.Even though schools want kids to start their day early they should try letting them have more hours of sleep so they could have a good lifestyle.