Cyberbullying Leads to Isolation and Suicide | Teen Ink

Cyberbullying Leads to Isolation and Suicide

By shawndolohan BRONZE, Dutch, Harbor, Alaska
shawndolohan BRONZE, Dutch, Harbor, Alaska

Cyberbullying is when someone bullies a person through social media. The article “Cyberbullying leads to Teen Depression”  discusses the effects of cyberbullying. Victims of cyberbullying suffer in silence, making it difficult for parents or friends to find out the victim`s problem. People who get cyberbullied are scared to go outside their houses because they don`t know who the bully is. Is it someone they know? Does the bully know where they live? Would the bully show up at their houses?

Even though there are no federal laws regarding cyberbullying, many states have provisions against cyberbullying and harassment. I agree cyberbullies should be prosecuted by the law. Based on the article I read, it can lead to depression and high-death rate. Personally, I`m mad at cyberbullies because they don`t know or don`t care that their actions can take someone`s life in an instant. There is always going to be that one person who doesn`t care if people`s feelings are hurt.

The victims of cyberbullying won`t speak up to their families because they are scared to lose their Internet access. There are things you can do to protect yourself from cyberbullying, such as, speaking up to your family about the situation you`re in because they`ll report it to the cops. You can also ignore the bully, take a picture of the bullies profile information, or stay out of social media.