Power, Fear, and Oppression | Teen Ink

Power, Fear, and Oppression

January 28, 2017
By Dustin.Marshall BRONZE, Huntsville, Ontario
Dustin.Marshall BRONZE, Huntsville, Ontario
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Oppression derives from fear, and fear is created when power overcomes an entity. Symbolically, subjectively, and literally. To really overcome oppression is to overcome power itself. The power of the human brain, the power of a government state, and the power of the addiction of such power. Mentally, physically, and emotionally. The world is filled with negativity: in every corner, in every state, and in every person on the face of this earth. It is all derived from power; our basic human yearn for the ability to be in control of something. Every problem is sourced from power or more specifically - the overflow of power. The starvation in Africa is caused by the overflow of funds in the top 1%. The military anguish and hate between the east and the west is caused by the power war between ideals. All the sexism in the world is caused by the subconscious influence of media; which only wants power in the form of currency. These powerful ideas that are subconscious in the minds of the people; amplify and condense into a form of oppression. Fear forces people to give up some power, in order not to lose all power.


The author's comments:

I wrote this after my english exam after thinking about a question in the wrong way, forcing me to rewrite it. But, I still had these ideas lingering in my mind so I decided to write them down.