Everything Happens for a Reason | Teen Ink

Everything Happens for a Reason

By MSRMB BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan
MSRMB BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

"I believe that everything happens for a reason...sometimes good things fall apart so better things can come together." -Marilyn Monroe

“Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can come together.” -Marilyn Monroe. This quote really speaks to me because she is trying to tell everyone that it’s not the end of the world if there is something that may not unfold as you hoped it would. Monroe is also saying that we don’t need to sulk around and feel sorry for ourselves. You look on the bright side and pick yourself up again! Do something you love to do. Maybe read a book, play an instrument, listen to music, or just talk to someone you trust; let yourself relax. This is what I do when things don’t go my way.

I know that in my life, if something happens that upsets me or I‘m not proud of, I just pick up my head and look forward to what’s going to happen next. I know that life has a better plan for me! When I didn’t make it onto Student Council in third and fourth grade, I was very upset. I kept asking myself, “Why me?” On my third year of trying I finally got on! I also tried out for student council Vice President. I was the only one running for VP so I automatically got the job! That year was a great year. I helped organize many special events, and we were very successful in fundraisers and food drives. If had not lived by Monroe’s quote, I might not have tried out for Student Council in 5th grade and I would not have had this great experience. 

We can also look at 9-11 to understand that everything happens for a reason, and better things will come out of it.  On September 11th, 4 planes were hijacked by terrorists and they flew them into New York; 2 of them hitting the twin towers.  In the moments that followed,  silence  spread through the crowds, no one made a sound. All around people stopped what they were doing and watched in horror as the towers fell. Everyone grabbed someone's hand as if they were ordered, yet no one said a word. Yet who would have thought that this unfortunate event did have at least one good outcome; our country had been united. You couldn’t walk down any street without seeing an American Flag. We went in as hundreds of millions of people, and came out as one nation; united.

If something doesn’t go as you wanted it to, just remember that everything happens for a reason! Anything that goes wrong will have a good outcome. Anytime I have something unfortunate occur, or anytime I see something unfortunate in the world,  I will take a deep breath and refocus whilst waiting for the good things to happen.

I have always believed that everything happens for a reason. When something goes wrong, I know I will have something good come out of it.