Present Teenagers | Teen Ink

Present Teenagers

By rj.shahbaaz GOLD, Chittagong, District Of Columbia
rj.shahbaaz GOLD, Chittagong, District Of Columbia

I am not perfect,but I am limited edition.

Teenagers nowadays live a world apart from previous generations of teenagers. Social media is all around us, and their is no escaping it. Kids are learning to use smart phones, tablets and computers way before hitting adolescence. So when they do become an adolescent they are pros when it comes to electronics, and we are immersed in a world full of social media. This can be dangerous because face book for example is a normal part of teenage life and most don't realize that sharing private information on the web means that potentially everyone can see it. Their lives' these days are much less private than they used to be.

I also believe that today's teens partly because of the exposure to social media and the web on a frequent basis desensitise them at a very young age. So they may be willing to try drugs, have sex do things that most teenagers experiment with at a much younger age than previous generations.

Also today's teens are much more overweight than in previous years and that is because they have become significantly less active. Instead of an afternoon maybe riding a bike it would be spent instead on the computer or in front of the TV.

Teens are exposed to more of the bad things in this world from a young age. It desensitized them to early in life and I think this causes them to experiment with drugs, alcohol and sex at too young of an age.