A Modest Proposal: A Satirical Solution for Immigration from Syria | Teen Ink

A Modest Proposal: A Satirical Solution for Immigration from Syria

November 11, 2016
By kaylerradaz BRONZE, Freeland, Michigan
kaylerradaz BRONZE, Freeland, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

FOR PREVENTING THE ESCALATION AND LONG TERM PERPETUATION OF TERRORISTS COMING INTO THE USA


It is a melancholy object to: Immigrants from Syria are pouring into the USA in search of safety from war and persecution, and looking for a better education, family reunification, and employment opportunities. However, little is known about these refugees and there’s a possibility that they could be affiliated with some sort of terrorist organization. If these millions and millions of refugees aren’t blocked out from our beloved country, it could be subject to terrorist attacks in the near future.


I think it is agreed by all parties that the life-threatening occurrence: needs to be put to a stop. People are terrified of the fact that terrorists could be getting into our country instead of refugees seeking help. The fate of the country rests on the shoulders of whoever can think of a way to prevent this from happening. They would deserve the Nobel Peace Prize, for bringing peace and security to the world.


But my intention is far from being confined to provide only for the betterment of: the American people. It provides safety to all who come visit the US without having to worry about terrorist activities. Random strangers can come into our country to visit it. Even though we have no idea who these tourists could be and what their intentions are, we know we’ll be safe because the Syrian refugees won’t be able to harm us.


As to my own part, I have studied the proposals of other projectors, and concluded that they are not nearly as efficient as they claim to be: Before, lengthy background checks were required to check for any terrorist connections, however that’s not good enough. They can still manage to lie their way through the system. To be 100% sure, we need to just not let any of the refugees in. It’s better to be safe than sorry. Is it worth the chance?

 

I will now present my own idea, which I hope will not be subject to any disagreement.


I humbly offer it to public consideration that humankind as a cohesive and cooperative unit, should: build a huge wall around the entire US. This wall will prevent anyone from getting into the freedom land. If nobody can get into the US, we’ll be a lot safer.

 

In this scenario: The government can fundraise, tax, and do other sorts to gather enough money to build the wall. It will not be cheap. However, it’s money well spent. It won’t change our everyday lives luckily. It’s sole purpose is to keep out unwanted immigrants.


Of course: Building a giant wall will keep out the immigrants, but more can still be done. The wall will isolate us from the rest of society, which is just what is needed. We will grow as a nation by working from the inside. All resources needed we’ll get from ourselves and that’s it. This will completely isolate us from the outside and further our protection.


These drastic and sudden changes: This may be hard to implement. Ignorant people will want to stay connected to the outside world for resource benefits. However, nothing is more valued than our safety, and with safety comes isolation.


I can think of no valid objection that may be introduced to antagonize this proposal: People think it’s better for the US to have allies in case of war and for trade partners. It is said that we would become like North Korea if we isolate ourselves too much. But this would be a good thing, becoming completely independent will provide security and economic growth.

 

Again, no one should dare to suggest these notions to me until they have a small spark of hope that these actions may be implemented.

 

It is not that I do not respect the input of others on the subject of solutions to this topic, but simply that: I have researched this topic for decades and I obviously have more knowledge on this subject than anyone else. Therefore, I am qualified to make the call to create a giant wall and start complete isolation in the US to ensure our safety from the Syrian refugees and other dangers.


 


The author's comments:

Satrical solution for syrian refugees