A Modest Proposal of Illegal Immigration | Teen Ink

A Modest Proposal of Illegal Immigration

FOR PREVENTING THE ESCALATION AND LONG TERM PERPETUATION OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

It is a melancholy object to those who earned the right to live in the United States with freedom and safety when they see that people from all over are sneaking in and creating trouble and crime. Illegal immigration is a big problem and if it is not stopped soon, the U.S could face more terrorist attacks and a decline of population. Immigrants are going through underground tunnels, using fake identification, and stowing away in people’s cars to try to cross the United States border. Some are even bringing in bombs and weapons to attack the people in the U.S.

I think it is agreed by all parties that the life threatening occurrence of illegal immigration needs to be stopped for good. Someone needs to come up with something that will keep the immigrants out for good and only allow people in that deserve to be there. The person that comes up with a great idea could be rewarded a great life and everyone would believe they would be a very popular person.

But my intention is far from being confined to provide only for the betterment of the united states population. Everyone would be happier if illegal immigrants had no way of getting and staying in the U.S. The biggest benefit of keeping the illegals out is that America can be free and safe from all crime and it will make everyone peaceful.

As to my own part, I have studied the proposals of other projectors, and concluded that they are not nearly as efficient as they claim to be. Their simple solutions of building a fence, checking identification at the border, border patrol, and security checks will not be of any help fast enough to get rid of the growing problem of illegal immigration. These solutions don’t work because people use fake ID’s, and still find some way to sneak in. A benefit to keeping them out is that the U.S can be populated with more americans than foreigners.

I will now present my own idea, which I hope will not be subject to any disagreement.

I humbly offer it to public consideration that humankind as a cohesive and cooperative unit, should construct a dome that covers the United States. This dome would be the best solution and it would be an easy thing to get passed.

In this scenario the government will assign people to construct a clear dome to place around the country, so that the people can still see through it to the sky and other parts of the world. Everyone would agree to do it because they are benefiting from it.

Of course building the dome will lead to figuring out a way for airplanes to get into the country. The workers will use very tall ladders and get a lot of indestructible glass to place around the country. The dome will be able to open and close so planes are able to get in. It will also have small holes in the top so people are able to breathe. It is a very smart solution to the illegal immigration problem.

These drastic and sudden changes to the country will have some difficulties. It would take a long time and a lot of people to build it. Many people would have to volunteer to work for it. In the end, it will all be worth it because there is no possible way an illegal immigrant can pass through.
I can think of no valid objection that may be introduced to antagonize this proposal except that the people of the United States think there might be a better way to stop the immigrants, like just building a wall. My solution of building a dome will override that because people can climb over the wall and get through, but no one can get through the dome.

Again, no one should dare to suggest these notions to me until they have a small spark of hope that these actions may be implemented.

It is not that I do not respect the input of others on the subject of solutions to this topic, but simply that I have done a lot of research and spent days gathering information about this process. The dome is the only one-hundred percent effective solution to this situation because the immigrants can’t climb over it to get through.