Modest Proposal on Gender Inequality | Teen Ink

Modest Proposal on Gender Inequality

By westalexis BRONZE, Freeland, Michigan
westalexis BRONZE, Freeland, Michigan

FOR PREVENTING THE ESCALATION AND LONG TERM PERPETUATION OF GENDER INEQUALITY

It is a melancholy object to:  gender inequality in sports, that the men receive better treatment  than women do. In most collegiate and professional sports, the men get more attention and  higher pay. In the future there will be less women participation because when men get all the attention and higher pay, women will be discouraged to invest the energy and time sports require.

I think it is agreed by all parties that the life- threatening occurrence: of gender inequality in sports can lead to the ending of all women's sports teams. Therefore anyone that can find a solution to end this disastrous social issue will be awarded with a People's Choice Award. 

But my intention is far from being confined to provide only for the betterment of: women.  One day in the future, women will have equal pay for their participation at both the professional and collegiate levels.

As to my own part, I have studied the proposals of other projectors, and concluded that they are not nearly as efficient as they claim to be: such as Title IX. A federal law in 1972, referred to as Title IX, was passed to bring gender equality into school sports. Critics of Title XI point out the unintended consequences to women, which include: increase health risks, and a drop in women coaches. The proposed solution will give equal recognition to both men and women players.

I will now present my own idea, which I hope will not be subject to any disagreement.

I humbly offer it to public consideration that humankind as a cohesive and cooperative unit, should: create sports teams at every level (club/house, middle school, high school, collegiate, and professional) with an equal number of men and women on the team. In other words gender neutral teams would be created. This is the only solution possible to this problem because it is the perfect solution.

In this scenario: there will be no sports teams unless there is equal numbers of men and women on the team. There will no longer be just “girls” basketball teams and just “boys” basketball teams. All teams will be fair and equal.

Of course: just men and women playing together on a team won't fix the problem completely. In my incredibly smart plan, both men and women will get the same amount of playing time and the exact same salary, if playing professional sports.

These drastic and sudden changes: may be difficult to implement because there might not be enough women, for example, that want to play professional football, or enough guys to do collegiate dance.  But if we do implement this solution, men and women will be completely equal in all sports.

I can think of no valid objection that may be introduced to antagonize this proposal: other than the physiological differences in muscle mass between men and women. This solution will override that objection because coaches will be able to place the appropriate body masses in the appropriate positions.

Again, no one should dare to suggest these notions to me until they have a small spark of hope that these actions may be implanted.

It is not that I do not respect the input of others on the subject of solutions to this topic  but simply that: through years of research, there is just no other possible outcomes to fix this gender inequality issue in sports. No other solutions have worked because they just simply were not even close to being this creative or well thought out.

This is a saterical piece of text, that is about Gender Inequality