American Dream- Alive or Dead | Teen Ink

American Dream- Alive or Dead

By Hquinn16 BRONZE, Painseville, Ohio
Hquinn16 BRONZE, Painseville, Ohio

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different from yours." -Cheshire Cat

The american dream is a question many have asked, but no one person has the same response. The american dream is an individual concept, not a societal dream. There are many factors in the american dream, gender, sexuality, Wealth, age, ethnicity, family, upbringing, religion. A jewish persons american dream may be completely different than the poor white womens american dream. A grand parents dream may be different than their children or grandchildren. The is no definite answer to what the american dream is. It has evolved so muchover the years that it may be a physical, psychological, emotional, anything really. It all boils down to the person, where they come from, their talents, their vision of a better life. Whereas most people can have their american dream, there are still some people that do not belive the american dream is alive anymore. They may belive ‘No matter how far someone reaches or how far someone chases, it will forever be untouchable’ (Fitzgerald) I am of two minds about the american dream. One one hand i belive the dream is still alive and attainable. On the other hand, im not sure the american dream is as obtainable as it used to be, some people may be brought up to far to be able to fulfil their american dreams.

Myprofessor told us we had to write a 4 page essay on any topic. I picked the american dream because its a good discussion because of how many people have so many differnt ideals as to what the american dream really is.