My Humble Idea About Columbian Exchange

Nowadays, people are still arguing that whether The Columbian Exchange was beneficial to those involved. It is still a focus of studying history. In my opinion, I agree that it was beneficial. It greatly helped not only single country but also the world.

First of all, I think it was important to Americans. European carried variety of plants and animals to America. American people got wheat, grapes, bananas, sugarcanes and so on to help them to live. They also had pigs and chickens from Europeans which were unknown to them before. Plus, they got donkeys and horses which transported people and goods quickly, and they also greatly helped nomadic people of western North America to hunt effectively. That's why they were greatly benefited.

Secondly, it also helped Europe to live better. In America, Europeans also found a wide variety of foods that were new to them. They got tomatoes, pumpkins, peppers and most importantly they got corn and potatoes from North America. Because they are easy to grow and store, so they planted them a lot, and they could have more chances to survive. It helped the European population grow and make Europeans live better.

At last, for the world, it helped the population increase. The transfer of food took time, however, by 18 century, food like corn, potatoes or beans were contributing to population growth around the world. It was called The Global Population Explodes. And people think the dispersal of new food crops from America was the key cause. Plus, The Columbian Exchange also sparked migration of millions of people. Because people were lured by the promise of new life and abundant opportunities. In my opinion, it was another good way to connect the world together.

All in all, it benefited both each country and even the world. It was connection between America and Europe, and then expanded to the other parts. These are the benefits that the exchange made. It greatly promoted the development of the world and pushed us forward.