Importance of Women's Education | Teen Ink

Importance of Women's Education

By Adebut BRONZE, Melbourne, Other
Adebut BRONZE, Melbourne, Other

Here in Australia we, as teenagers, have the amazing privilege of being able to have access to good quality education. However, this is not the case in many countries. Worldwide thousands of children, particularly girls our age, cannot go to school or get an education. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights sates “Everyone has the right to education. Education shall be free, at least in the elementary and fundamental stages. Elementary education shall be compulsory.” and this is breached in many third world countries. Education is extremely beneficial and can greatly improve girls’ quality of life. If all girls had education there will be lower child morality rates, improved health and lower chances of contracting HIV or AIDs, they would be more likely to get a good job and earn more, have a longer life, be less likely to be forced into a young marriage, more likely to send their own children to school, and would be more likely to seek medical attention. The solution is simple, just a small amount of money can send a young girl to school; just half the of the money spent on ice-cream in Europe and America could send every single child to school in third world and low income countries. Perhaps, next time you buy an ice-cream, think of the girls and their potential. We all have the power to make a difference and save the lives of many young girls all around the world. Donate and help to change a young girl’s life.