A Tale of Love and Ego | Teen Ink

A Tale of Love and Ego

By SanThoShi SILVER, ERODE, Alaska
SanThoShi SILVER, ERODE, Alaska

Time passes even when it seems impossible. Even when each tick of second hand aches like a pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.

Once upon a time there was a King who ruled Earth and the World under the name of Love and Humanity. He was assisted by Queen Kindness. The Kingdom flourished with smiles everywhere. There was no place without happiness and no home without kindness. People lived for each other and with each other. The magnanimity was endless and the good rose up high, higher than the Heaven. Earth was no place like Heaven and could be said as a place better than Heaven.

The King and Queen were no different than their natives. They were there just to maintain Order and Peace which as a consequence of their presence was born. Peace, the prince came into Earth which eventually brought in honesty, truthfulness, passion, and caress.

The kingdom globally was called as Kingdom Humanity. The humans here were moral and noble. The world was flawless. Plants attained serenity and so did the animals. It was a Happily Ever After until there was this sense of mind which insisted to keep everything for itself; when death became a disease.

From nowhere came a man who called himself as the Lord of the World and he was later known as King Hate. He announced war and decided to gather allies. Nobody stood with him whereas they gave hands to King Love.

With the dishonest promise of giving more happiness and lies, King Hate drew people to the evil which made them lose not only Happiness, but their senses, honesty, and kindness. Envy and Jealousy ruled them and each wanted to be better than the other. Soon, Hearts were lost and Rocks were found in place of them.

With powerful allies such as The Greed, The Materialistic, The Dishonest, The Ego, The Envy and The Ruthless, the Evil rose to power and Happiness vanished and Love was to be never dreamed off. With King Love gone, everything was gone.

Life was no more the same. Sympathy rose. People were sympathisers rather than helpers. Inhumanity ruled the world and it still is. Love and Kindness was past, a past which soon will dissipate. Tyrannical was King Hate. He built a Kingdom of Sorrow and Ego out of his evil desire. He won over the hearts of billions of people who were consumed by the evil, that they didn't have the morality to realise what they were doing. Lines were drawn between people for distinction of the Rich and the Poor. Words wounded people and the sense of trust disappeared. Betrayal found its home. Humanity was forever lost.

Angels will never come for rescue to restore Humanity; or rather this world isn't any magical fairytale we have been dreaming of.
The Might, The Will and The Heart of Us, predominantly Humans is the one and only way to bring back Happiness in our lives. Death is inevitable and invincible. We are destined to die one day, but not fret our whole life.

The spring of our lives is beholden in us. To manifest it, hold on for a second and think about how your life has been until this very second. Was it filled with Joy or Buried in Sorrow? Did you have both?

You might have had faced a thousand or even million ups and downs in your life. But you would never have had only downs, if it was true, you would never have been so lucky enough to hold this Magazine today in your hand.

Think about the people who don't get to know what Kindness is, think about the people who don't get to know what Love is, and think about them. They are indeed humans. Just born poor. Being poor or born poor isn't a sinful crime committed. We made it so, in the name of Pride and Ego.

Try to Endeavour Humanity. Once you have the heart to help, you will have the heart to love. A loving heart will be loved by love itself. This world now is in ruins because of inhumanity.

We as humans must inhibit Humanity in us and reinstate love and kindness.

Hail King Love! Hail Queen Kindness! May the Kingdom flourish and cherish!