My Greatest Role Model | Teen Ink

My Greatest Role Model

February 9, 2016
By Anonymous

When I was a child, I had that one person, that one friend, that one caring individual that showed me how to live a great life.  My father was someone who lots of people looked up to because he just had that state of great being.  Anytime people were around him he showed joy and happiness.  My dad wasn't just my role model or just my dad. He was my friend. I always wanted to hang out with him.  I loved to be around him.  He was someone most people wanted to be around.  His goal seemed like he was there to make someone smile or laugh. He had a lot of good qualities about him.  A leader that really impacted my life would be my father because he was compelling, a great role model, and was successful.


My dad was compelling because of the ways he showed it.  My dad was always in a mood where he just caused everyone around him to be in a good mood.  He always had a joke for everything.  He enlightened the room when he was there.  My dad was a compelling guy because he would always keep a smile on every ones face.  He would show a his enthusiastic mood with every word he said.  My dad's mood impacted my life in one of the best ways because he always cause me to be in a happy mood.  I never saw him in a bad mood and that put me in a happy mood.  His mood impacted lots of people that he was around.  Joke, stories, and good ole times were shared.  My dad was compelling everyday of his life and he showed it through his mood.


My dad was a great role model because he had lots of wisdom and wit.  A few ways he showed his wisdom would be the way he spoke.  He knew the answer to most questions.  He really enjoyed learning new things.  If he wanted to know more about something he always did his research.  He loved to learn and with that came wits.  My dad had lots of wit.  He showed it with how fast he was at thinking and showing people how he always could make a joke or come up with a great answer.  He didn't always have the right answer but it was a good one.  My dad showed me how to learn and to be a good man.  He gave me good manners and how to act around all my peers.  His great role model skills were something I wish a lot of people had.  His wit and wisdom was one of his best characteristics of his life.


My dad had great success in life.  He always strove to be a great leader and show how much he was willing to put forward into his life.  My dad's success started out when he was little.  His father taught him lots of great things and that was passed down to everyone he talked to.  His success wasn't just in his compelling attitude or in his will to learn, his success was in his family.  He showed his success in his children.  He always showed his love and compassion toward us. He always put his best foot forward when it came to us.  He would make sure we are healthy and learning as much as him.  He always made sure we had all the necessities to live. My dad's success was very important to they way I am now.  It has impacted me to want to grow up like him.  My dad had great success in his life and he showed it through the way he would act and talk people.


My dad was and still is one of my leaders I look up to everyday.  He has shown me how to be grateful, compelling, and how to be successful.  He always knew what to say when I was down and when I had questions.  He was important to me because he was the one guy I had to look up to.  He taught me lots of my daily skills and how to act.  He didn't only teach me how to do a lot of stuff but he was my best friend. My dad being my best friend was one of the coolest memories I have.  He was so fun to hang out with.  I remember going out to the garage and talking and just tinkering around with him.  Being around him made my day better by 100 times.