Extinction on child abuse | Teen Ink

Extinction on child abuse

Child abuse is a worldwide issue that some children will go through. But most people

fail to stop it and if they do, the punishment is argued non-stop. The punishment for child abuse should be a lot worse. When kids are abused the abuser should have to suffer just as much as the child did, a year in jail with only visits from their child.

Child abuse can have multiple types of abuse. The two most common are physical and sexual abuse and all can cause loss of social abilities and depression causing suicide. The punishment for that should be decided by the public because it would mean a lot more coming from them, not just the court.(“DoSomething.org | Volunteer for Social Change”)                                                                                         

Child abuse can start by the parent or adult expecting too much from the child. One of the child can forget to practice safe sex. Which raises the chance of teens passing on STD’s and having them go through teen pregnancy. And since the parent never taught the child how to be a parent they wouldn’t have any experience on what to do. Due to child abuse kids would not know what to do.(“Child Abuse & Neglect - Child Welfare Information Gateway”)

The abuser could pose as a friend and to not say anything to anybody and the abuser could be anybody. Forcing the child to not say anything is and should be a crime. And seeing as how people have the right to say what they want to say is bad enough.                                                                

Why should the punishment be so harsh if it’s their child they should decide what they want to do with it. Yes it is their child but it does not deserved to be treated like that. What if the child needed to be disciplined, the child can be disciplined but not in a way that could harm it badly. It’s not others decision to decide how a parent should treat their child. And it’s not the parents right to treat their children like that.

Child abuse is a very dangerous thing today and lots of people are banning together to stop it. Slowly and steadily we are taking the steps to end child abuse of all types, Help by joining us and not stand there feeling sorry. Some kids don’t have the ability to say anything to an adult because their scared of what could happen to them,but some have the courage to stand up to the abuser and say something to someone. The rise in child abuse has also risen dramatically over the years. The Children’s defence funds also reported that 1,825 kids have been and still are being abused.        

Children having to go through child abuse.