Gun Control? | Teen Ink

Gun Control?

January 8, 2016
By k.j.b. BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
k.j.b. BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Hey! Did you know that every 100 people in America 88.8% own a gun in years past?(Gun Control - ProCon.org ) So that mean that everyone know several people who own (a) gun/s.  I believe that there should be more gun control in America it will help  by lowering do to less deaths, less gun violence, and lastly illegal guns.

 

First thing first that needed to be addressed, less gun deaths by suicide and a(n) assassinations. “ There were 464,033 total gun deaths between 1999 and 2013… and 270,237 suicides.”(US Department of Health & Human Servi...) Meaning the killers might just had killed the one who could have stop global warming! Although, a  woman is at high risk of being killed if a gun was brought out during a domestic dispute.(2 )  So all we know that a woman might just be killed is in the room. But, the age of 15 and under in america is at a higher rate of being killed by playing around with a gun than a more advanced country,(8) like Japan. So the other more developed country are more better and smarter than americans.  I am not done just wait until the next reason if you are not convence yet.

 

When you think of guns, what do you think? I think of gangs and gun violence which will lead to injuries. In 2010 there was 25,024 gun injuries that was hospital reports.(9) so every gun that is bought that number have a greater chance of going up. Do to gun violence, property value went down 12.5%.(11) I hope you do not planing selling your home or know someone who is any time soon. Hang on there is more, just wait.


How do you think people get the illegal guns? Almost 1.4 millions guns a year were stolen during crimes like a burglary and carjackings. (3) So basically bad people get guns from good people like you and I. Altho more than half of americans own guns,(10) even ‘tho the do not truly need guns. I hope you are not opposed by not because you are about to be wrong.


Some people say that if we get less gun control every one will be safe because no one will know who do or do not have a gun. I disagree to this because more crazy people will get guns, more people will be stealing the guns, and and higher rates of deaths because now it is all about status and what you wear this generation. So you do need more not less gun control.


So it look like we do need more gun control here in america. So in fact we do need to have more gun control. With out of a doubt america is not a safe place to be in with all of the shooting for what we think is right .

I got all this from procon.org from the article gun control.