Why Mrs. Weathers | Teen Ink

Why Mrs. Weathers

By Joseph_B BRONZE, Plaqumine, Louisiana
Joseph_B BRONZE, Plaqumine, Louisiana

I believe that banning firearms is wrong; in my opinion a band on firearms is quite unethical and not really right. Now in the world there are some United States citizens that have more guns than they should even have but that’s there right and we can’t deny any citizen that right. Personally in my opinion you should only have guns to either hunt, protect yourself, or target practice. Now an argument about guns that comes up plenty of times is that there are people that shouldn’t be near a firearm, which I whole hardily believe. The people that have firearms should not let the mentally ill or children near firearms this is a problem within our society today. This is mostly the reason why people want to band guns in the first place just because an adult teaches a mentally ill person to use a firearm and a child gets a hold of his dads revolver and brings it to school and we keep pointing fingers at the gun when the gun is the least of your worries there is a fully functioning adult that had the smart idea of teaching someone who isn’t right all the way how to kill. If there were any blame to be it would fall under who shot the gun and who showed them where the gun was. It doesn’t matter if the person was mentally ill or if it was a child and our government and media is being to petty and saying that it’s the guns fault get rid of all our guns when that’s just the easy way out and its personally in my opinion the wrong way out. As hard for many to hear this personally you cant just sugar coat things you have to face the facts that mentally ill person just killed a bunch of people that child just killed a bunch of people and that gun couldn’t have done it on its own. There are some firearms that anyone should have such as any automatic weapons but that’s personally just my opinion to me they just seem like a bad idea outside of the use of war. In Conclusion firearms to me do not deserve to be banned they do not deserve to be blamed as many of you may be looking at this and thinking this is a bias opinion on not banning firearms that you maybe correct but you have to see from my perspective guns don’t kill people only people kill people and that’s the way it has been for thousands of years even before guns were invented. An example would be what if we banned rocks because a bunch of people started using rocks for killing people that doesn’t seem truly ethical or smart now does it rocks are just a tool for the criminal not the one whose actually doing the killing itself. To me banning firearms sounds like a blow out of proportion argument and maybe bias but I truly don’t believe that.