Banning of the Confederate | Teen Ink

Banning of the Confederate

By Moose_CinnamonRoll BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
Moose_CinnamonRoll BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana

Banning the rebel flag should not be allowed. Banning the rebel flag goes against our rights as an American to do and have what we want. Our founding fathers created a constitution to secure our rights and freedoms as an American citizen, and by banning this rebel flag we are going against the first amendment.

The first amendment states, “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.” By banning the flag we are taking away consumers and producers rights. We are do so by not allowing the producers to make it and the consumers aren’t able to buy it from the producers due to the fact that they are not being made. Some say that the flag is “racist,” but as I see it, it’s a sign of southern heritage and the southern way. In actuality the confederate flag’s actual name is the Virginia battle flag, which was later adopted to be the confederate flag. It represents the Battle of Appomattox Station, which was the last battle of Virginia. Not racism. If America were to ban an object every time a group of people disliked it, we wouldn’t have anything. Everyone dislikes at least on object, its human to like or dislike objects.

In conclusion, we need to learn to live with objects or conspiracies that we dislike. There is always something we are going to dislike in our lives, we just have to suck it up and deal with it like a real human.