The American Flag | Teen Ink

The American Flag

By GabbyAndersen GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
GabbyAndersen GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

As the American flag is held up, the stars express how much each individual state offers the world.

The United States, which has 50 states, offers 58 national parks and 154 protected areas for the world to experience. People fly from all over the world to experience America’s beauty.

You can fly into Wyoming and visit Yellowstone National Park and look at the wilderness recreation area on top of a volcanic hot spot. It features dramatic canyons, alpine rivers, lush forest, hot springs, and gushing geysers along with hundreds of wildlife.

You can fly into California and visit Yosemite National Park and see layered mountains and cliffs. It features ancient sequoias, Bridalveil Fall as it tumbles down the mountain, and the granite cliffs of El Capitan and Half Dome.

You can fly into Florida and visit the largest subtropical wilderness in the United States in Everglades National Park, and see rare and endangered species. It features the endangered Florida panther, Florida Leafwing Butterfly, and Anaea troglodyta floridalis.

You can fly into Hawaii visit Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and see lava tubes, craters, and the world’s most active and largest volcanoes: Kilauea and Mauna Loa.

You can fly into Arizona and gaze over The Grand Canyon. It is distinguished by its layered bands of red rock and its extensive scale, averaging ten miles across and one mile deep with its two hundred seventy seven-mile length. It’s a breathtaking place for hiking and make you appreciate America.

Whether you’re into hiking and camping, warm climates, or cold climates, America has something for you. The American flag doesn’t just represent freedom, liberty, and diversity. It also represents and exhibits America’s beauty and all it has to offer the world.