This is the United States Flag | Teen Ink

This is the United States Flag

By Maddij16 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Maddij16 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

Freedom. The United States flag stands tall with its Red White and Blue, showing we have overcome hardships and fought for a land of the free. Freedom.

Protection. From the Marines to the Navy, America’s armed services fight for our safety and rights. Protection.

Sacrifice. Everything is a sacrifice but no matter what happens, we get through it with our colors still flying high. Sacrifice.

Unity. When people see differences coming together as a county, a state, a country...it shows we will always stand as one. Unity.

Bravery and Strength. Showing bravery is going into situations most people wouldn't dare to...Having strength is having control of a situation. Bravery and Strength.

The Golden Rule. “Do upon to others as you would want done upon to you.” Words like that stick in your head, don’t they? Some people might be having a bad day, week, month, sometimes maybe even year...But that doesn't mean you have the right to do bad things to them or say bad things to them. Don’t underestimate anyone, give them the benefit of the doubt and remember, “do upon to others as you would want done to you.” The Golden Rule. 

Power. The power to rule, power to control, and the power to keep going forth. The flag has the power to bring freedom, unity, and give people the power to not give up. Power.

Humble Beginnings. Getting off the plane, boat, or train, and seeing that flag flow in the wind is a sense of calm and serenity. It's a second chance to start over, to do things how you want to and how you pictured them. It’s an escape. Humble Beginning.

We are a land of freedom, protection, sacrifice, and unity...We are the land of bravery and strength, the golden rule, and from power to humble beginnings...This is the United States flag.