Jessy | Teen Ink

Jessy

the tree roots, until i met him. He was my closest friend,brother,body guard, and heart protector. When I was at my lowest he was always there to wipe away my tears, when all i wanted to do was die he would be there telling me how important i truly am.. When ever i think of the sunrise or sunset,happiness and love, i always think of him. He was brave,smart,kind, handsome, and so much more. He reminded me of a willow tree. Because his roots go deep into the earth and when i stand outside i can feel your passion for life. He’s like a weeping willow because i can climb his branches and every day learn something new. He also taught me hard lessons like never let you mind slip or else you may fall down. when the breeze would run through his hair it was like the branches swaying in the wind.His blossoms would bloom in any season. Whenever it rained i knew i could go to him and be safe. He has truly changed my life for the better.

I remember sitting on the curb of 8th street. I was crying my eyes out when he came and sat down next to me. I thought he was crazy sitting down next to me acting like nothing  was happening. He looked at me with his bright sky blue eyes and  said “sweetheart he's not worth the pain, no guy will ever be worth it.” as soon as he said that i got up and simply walked away. the next day i went back to the park to think on my own but by the time i sat down he was sitting right next to me. At first i thought he was really annoying. we slowly started talking and became close friends.Right up until i lost it, i lost everything i had loved. depression hit me like a wrecking ball, it took one swing to knock me off my feet and onto the ground.I remember seeing him and crying my eyes out, i remember screaming in pain as i tried to harm myself. but he never let go. He  held me tight until i could see clearly, and hear my own thoughts. That night he called telling me how he loved me and felt like we were family,.

Day after day, month after month, year after year, he was there for me. he was there for me when i need him the most, when i couldn't sleep, when i hurt, when i was bored, he was always by my side. Right up until July 29th. On July 29th, 2015 Jessy Smith died from a suicide attempt number 6. I went on a trip to help my grandfather and my brother passed away. the one time i wasn't there to help him i couldn't save him. i promised i would catch him if he was falling, but i never thought he would fall because he was an angle. but he was falling from the day i met him, i just never noticed it. So when ever you stop to wonder who do I believe in...well i believe in Jessy, my brother. i will always believe in him.