A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes... | Teen Ink

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes...

By qtewari21 SILVER, Lucknow, Other
qtewari21 SILVER, Lucknow, Other

first duty in life is to be as superficial as possible. what the second duty is, nobody has found out.

“A dream is wish that your heart makes”

A sound sleep is something that a weary and browbeaten soul hankers for at the end of another anticipated day. All you desire at the end, is to lie on the cosiness and hush of the night and let that darkness submerge your existence, and take you to the soundless meadows, free of any other being and brouhaha of the snobbish world. A sleep is supposed to be tranquilizing, it is a break from carrying our own encumbrance. Sleep is like a river in which we let ourselves flow with the current so that the next day we are all new. But fracas has to be there or we might get mislaid in ourselves. When we are in the middle of our abysmal and intense sleep, we are so predisposed in refurbishing ourselves. We forget to notice, that someone in a murky cloak, hiding under an amiable veneer has started blogging with our mind, tantalising it to frantically plea for the worldly wishes and erroneous extravagances.

All day, every day, each moment that you have lived till date, you keep on desiring and discerning, what if this? What if that? We keep on sculpting and whittling the world according to our own whims and fancies. We keep on seeing our life as it should be. Dream is a great getaway from pragmatism. Dream is something that brings us back to our own comfort zone. Dream takes us back to the days in our mother’s womb where everything was happy-go-lucky and well taken care of. But many times dreams tend to intrude our peace of mind, and sometimes we are teleported to the other world and we get lost and that in turn harms our opulence and present in the tangible world. Dreams are something that ruin us and wobble up our inner self. Dream is an illustration created by every archetypal human psyche, which provides a painterly look of our desires and gives them shape and helps in knowing its originality. I don’t deny the aspect of dreams coming true. Dreams do come true but for that to happen you have to strive, to crave and by getting yourself tangled. It’s not that if we see a dream and just sit dumb and slothful thinking that one day, a wand will appear out of the blue and will go swish and a swoosh! And you will become Princess Jasmine. No that’s not how it works. Nobody in all the Oz, no wizard that there is or was is ever gonna be able to do this, so better move it. Put some art in the smart and your dream will cross the passage between illusiveness and authenticity. All you have to do is to put some effort. 
Dreams do provide a great panorama of the most amusing future any one can have. But sometimes we are so infatuated with them. Run with all your power, all your zest. Just try and keep your desires and wishes in control, don’t let them demolish you, enclose you into a mist of unpromising promises.

A dream is not what you experience in your sleep. A dream is that which does not let you sleep.