What I Think of Life | Teen Ink

What I Think of Life

August 17, 2015
By emmy99910 BRONZE, Amesbury, Massachusetts
emmy99910 BRONZE, Amesbury, Massachusetts
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Do you ever doze off one day and start thinking about life? About human characteristics and the past and present?
Sometimes I wonder, is our life planned the minute we are born, if we are destined for greatness or the opposite. If every event in our life was just fate or if every decision and event is our own choice, so that we shape our own lives. How much we pay attention in school is our choice, who we are friends with is our choice, or is it? Is déjà vu real? Many people will get déjà vu once in a while. So do we really see events and/or people in our minds before they actually happen?


Life as a human being is stressful and every one can agree with that. When you’re in elementary school you worry about if your snacks for lunch will be good. Then in middle school, you worry about where you will sit for lunch. High school, you worry about a test coming up, your relationship status, and if you have all the up to date trendy clothes. College, worrying about the upcoming exam, how much money you have, and even dressing for a party. Soon the wedding bells are ringing and your paying for this huge wedding. After that your searching for a job to make sure you can pay the bills. Soon you mistakenly are pregnant, now a knew thing to stress about.


Love is a key factor to mankind. Love can be bad. For example, if a couple got married, had a kid, but then the married couple was fighting, they would get a divorce. Then the kid would be sad from that split causing bad grades at school from this depression which means soon not getting into college and ending up working at a fast food restaurant for the rest of his life hoping to get promoted to assistant manager. Love causes problems. Some teenagers could be so heartbroken from a breakup they commit suicide. But love can also make a human very happy which helps them excel in life.


Greedy people and liars are sadly populating our earth. Every human lies. Even if you’ve said you’ve never told a lie in your life, you’re lying at that moment because you have. White lies don’t hurt anyone but other lies can lead to jealousy, abuse, and war, which is all also caused by greed.


Another key factor to human life is faith.  Is god real? Were Adam and Eve really the first humans on earth? Is Jesus Christ the Son of God? Are all the stories in the bible, torah, and Quran true? Sometimes I wonder if god was only created to give hope to people who needed it in the tough times of there lives. I could be right or wrong.


This is what I think of life.


The author's comments:

Not to long ago I doze off and started thinking about life, so I wrote this piece to show the world on what I thought of it.n