Worthy | Teen Ink

Worthy

By Believe101 GOLD, Regina, Other
Believe101 GOLD, Regina, Other

Its hard not loving yourself. When all you feel is disgust and discomfort, when all you see when you look in the mirror are flaws, when all you hear are hollow compliments that you know have no meaning, because there nothing but lies. To feel insecure is an understatment. To hate who you are is an understatment. To live day to day, dreaming up ways of how to stop the criticizing voices that you hear in your head is an understatment. To be so unhappy with every inch of yourself, to be afraid to be in public because you know the world is nothing but an over crowded area full of beautiful judgemental people. When I look in the mirror, when I look outside, when I look around, all I hear is laughter, all I see is judgement, and all I feel is my world getting smaller, as I begin to loose myself, in the meaningless compliments, and hateful words that are said and thrown at me. It's hard not loving yourself.... But its harder knowing the rest of the world agrees that your nothing, and all you are is someone that will never be worth loving.

Our society has so many standards of what the true definition of perfection is. People are constantly trying to tear us down, tell us that we will never be worthy, or graceful enough to qualify as beautiful, or perfect. Every single one of us, is more unique than the next. We are all different, and I believe that's what makes us all so incredibly worth it.